a REAL bad day..

The Red Rooster

Poultry Observer
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
4,203
40
223
Rapid City, South Dakota
We have had a really bad day today. Last night we let our cat inside. She was twiching and going around in circles. Then we thought some one was poisoning our animals, so we checked on our horses. George was in the corner of the pasture with his head outside of the fence. I have to tell you my insides where shaking uncontrollably. George had colic. The next morning we took him to the vet because he had lots of pain. We thought we had to put him to sleep because it was really costing us.

We came back home and saw our cat foaming and having seizures. She would have a seizure every 5 minutes. Then she growled. This lasted all day. We took her to the vet and had her euthanized. That was a VERY hard decision. We have had this cat for 7 years. We rescued her as a kitten. She has been the most loving cat. There will NEVER be another one like her. Makes want to cry just thinking about it.

Back to George.

Hes going to be fine! We didn't have to euthanize him. He's coming home today.
 

chicmom

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
8,696
278
316
Strasburg Ohio
Aww, so sorry about your cat, but so glad your horse made it!


Hang in there, brighter days are ahead!
 

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
39,153
25,433
1,302
Sorry to hear about your cat
If you ever suspect an animal's been poisoned feed it a little bit of charcoal, it works!
Glad to hear your horse is O.K.
 

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
5,314
80
291
So sorry abut your cat.Glad the horse made it.Will you have the cat checked for poison?
 

Bessie1994Snider

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
192
0
109
So sorry for your loss
I hope that all of your other pets will be ok.

Edited to correct mistake
 
Last edited:

AinaWGSD

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
1,428
58
211
Sullivan, IL
I'm sorry you've had such a rough day.
It does sound like your cat had some sort of toxicity going on, whether it was intentional poisoning or accidental. At least her passing was not in vain, if she had not come in with the symptoms she had when she did you may not have found George in time.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom