A very sad day.

Chookepie

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2015
Queensland, Australia
In the past week we have lost two very special members of our flock, who ere also some of the best layers. First to go was our 3 year old ISO brown, that got into our dog's fenced off area. She Subsequently died. The second to go was my favourite bird, she was a Black Australorp, that had ben attacked by the neibour's dog. She was just 13 months old and about 5 months of laying out of her.
Here she was, such a waste
hit.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have also had 2 hens killed this week. I never would have thought I could become so attached to a chicken, but they are wonderful animals. Keep your head up

Chookepie, please accept my sincere condolences.
It is never easy when they pass on, I know how you are feeling.
I've lost several birds and it makes me cry every time.
Just remember them as they were and they will live on in your heart forever.

In the past week we have lost two very special members of our flock, who ere also some of the best layers. First to go was our 3 year old ISO brown, that got into our dog's fenced off area. She Subsequently died. The second to go was my favourite bird, she was a Black Australorp, that had ben attacked by the neibour's dog. She was just 13 months old and about 5 months of laying out of her. Here she was, such a waste :hit
Choose pie, I am so sorry to hear your loss. It's heartbreaking! I, too, lost my favorite bird almost a year ago and I still m8ss her. Hang in there. I hope you have other ladies to fill the void.

Last edited:
So sorry for you loss. I had a bad day like that yesterday. Hawk got two of my girls, came outside because I heard all the mocking birds and blue jays having a fit and saw a big red shouldered hawk was standing over eating one of my sweet girls. Got over the brutal initial shock of that, went back in came right back out and the censored hawk had got another one. You can bet I chicken sit my girls and boy the rest of the day. Put up fishing line across the run and hanging cd's today. :(

So sorry for you loss. I had a bad day like that yesterday. Hawk got two of my girls, came outside because I heard all the mocking birds and blue jays having a fit and saw a big red shouldered hawk was standing over eating one of my sweet girls. Got over the brutal initial shock of that, went back in came right back out and the censored hawk had got another one. You can bet I chicken sit my girls and boy the rest of the day. Put up fishing line across the run and hanging cd's today. :(
hugs.gif
I am soo sorry about your girls. And welcome.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom