Accidently submitted it

Augie1

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
Since the past couple weeks chickens have been sneezing like the video. Are they fine or should I treat it? Also on 3 of my birds they have poopy vent feathers what could be the cause? IF any more info is needed tell me?
Thanks
IMG-0066.jpg

For the past couple weeks a couple of my chickens have been sneezing like in the video. Should I be concern? I'm currently deworming them with Valzaben and also using treating coccidiosis Friday will be there last day on Corid. 3 of my chickens have poopy dirty vent feathers. Should I be concerned?
Thanks
Since the past couple weeks chickens have been sneezing like the video. Are they fine or should I treat it? Also on 3 of my birds they have poopy vent feathers what could be the cause? IF any more info is needed tell me?
Thanks
I posted the whole story in a other thread called poopy vent feathers and sneezing.
I'm treating with Corid they will be done by friday
I posted the whole story in a other thread called poopy vent feathers and sneezing.
I'm treating with Corid they will be done by friday
There's even less info in your other thread - please give us some details and photos. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poopy-vent-feathers-and-sneezing.1424271/

I don't see a video - can you upload to youtube and provide a link?

Do you see other symptoms of respiratory illness - mucous, facial swelling, bubbles in the eyes, coughing, etc.?
How often are they sneezing - do they sneeze only during activities like eating/drinking or dust bathing?
How old are the birds?
Did your birds have worms? Dose of Valbazen and for how long?
Do they have Coccidiosis or they had symptoms? Dose of Corid?

Photos of hens, poop?
What do you feed?
How long have you had them?

There's even less info in your other thread - please give us some details and photos. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poopy-vent-feathers-and-sneezing.1424271/

I don't see a video - can you upload to youtube and provide a link?

Do you see other symptoms of respiratory illness - mucous, facial swelling, bubbles in the eyes, coughing, etc.?
How often are they sneezing - do they sneeze only during activities like eating/drinking or dust bathing?
How old are the birds?
Did your birds have worms? Dose of Valbazen and for how long?
Do they have Coccidiosis or they had symptoms? Dose of Corid?

Photos of hens, poop?
What do you feed?
How long have you had them?
Here is the link

No other symptoms except the sneezing

When they are just hanging out you will hear a sneeze every couple minutes.

They are all younger than a year the Youngest being 4 months

Yes I did see worms in the poop

The dose I gave everyone was on Saturday for 1/2Ml the again in 10 days

There were some symptoms of Coccidiosis the dose is 1tsp per gallon of water for 5 days, Friday will be 5.

The vent issue is because of vent gleet will start treatment tomorrow afternoon.
Hope this helps

Here is the link

No other symptoms except the sneezing

When they are just hanging out you will hear a sneeze every couple minutes.

They are all younger than a year the Youngest being 4 months

Yes I did see worms in the poop

The dose I gave everyone was on Saturday for 1/2Ml the again in 10 days

There were some symptoms of Coccidiosis the dose is 1tsp per gallon of water for 5 days, Friday will be 5.

The vent issue is because of vent gleet will start treatment tomorrow afternoon.
Hope this helps
No other symptoms, I would just wait and see if the sneezing subsides. Make sure they have plenty of ventilation.

No other symptoms, I would just wait and see if the sneezing subsides. Make sure they have plenty of ventilation.
Tons of ventilation.
Its pretty dry conditions
Even when foggy/ rainy the leaves prevents the dirt from getting wet

Back
Top Bottom