Acouple problems

mdc2be

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
Colt, AR
Ok being new to chickens I am not sure where to start for advice. So far I've gotten good stuff here. I am having two problems, first I have one leghorn hen that, for lack of better terms gurgles or sounds like she has fluid in here air way. Being in the medical field I understand a lot of medical things but this is being lost on me. Not sure if I need to isolate her or if it's something I can treat her and the others for easily. She has no drainage from her eyes or nostrils. And really isn't acting differently.
My second issue is, maybe, a little easier to deal with. I have 3 serama roosters and 2 are beating up on one. The one being picked on is larger than the other two but they harass him so back I moved him into our large bolder in my shop until i could figure out what was up. His comb was bleeding today after the abuse. He doesn't seem to fight back. Not sure if it's a dominance thing or what.

Any advice on either would be great. Thanks so much

Have no idea on the gurgling; I'd probably just watch her since she seems OK otherwise.

Roos fight -- fact of life. Varies with the breed and the individuals. They may never get along. Only thing I can think of is, sometimes the fighting stops if they can't see or hear any hens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom