Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

This last couple batches have had a couple sticky ones each. When I can rescue them before they are stuck in the shell drowning I prefer to shower them... gotta be careful not to chill em
Is this common with hatching turkeys?
Have only hatched chickens

none of my flock is allowed to free range for the same reason. we have SO many flying and 4 legged predators that my flock would be zero in no time. I keep working with my necked necks... blue foot is still in with the Nn hens so every now and then I add another egg from that pen to the incubator.
Oh and I have been getting eggs from my Nn that lays blue/green eggs! a few of those have found their way into the incubator.

My NN's that lay the blue/green egg's come from having the CCLB in their mix, so I didn't have to worry about having to work the puffy feathered cheek's out of them.

yes! oh sorry both cuz we eat the extra boys!

I Like the little fluffy cheeks! but my 2 girls do not have them so they are probably out of my whiting blue hens... I am getting Lots of interesting colors< mostly boys but still! I will have to snap some pics when I move a few of the girls over from the grow out pen

Don't let your DD know, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 little Nn boy's from my hatch from last month. I just moved my 6 outside a couple of day's ago. One of the suspected boy's is black and has a bit of white worked into the chest feathering. The other suspected Nn boy is white with a black pattern in the feathering over most of it's body.

This is Roger (my current roo). Not all of his girl's are in the picture. I love the sheen in his tail in the sunlight.

Attachments

• Roger and his ladies.jpg
    Roger and his ladies.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom