Add another chick to the cook, ma!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gottaknow, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Gottaknow

Gottaknow New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    South Eastern Oklahoma
    Thanks soooo much for the add to the chicken coop. I have been a stalker fora few months now but couldn't hold back no longer.
    I live in the beautiful green country in South Eastern Oklahoma. We have 2 grown children and 1 beautiful grand baby. I guess we were not taking the empty ness thing to good because we adopted 3 siblings. My house is full once again and I wouldn't change a thing !,,,

I'm not a stranger to house or farm animal, like most of us here it was a staple. I have never had a problem eating a fresh carrot out of the garden and deal with a hurt animal with the other. My father just passed away and I have a 'itch' to hatch some eggs. So I have my first hatch in. (And I have already requested help on another forum
    )
    So the animals of the year at our house are 5 laying hens that are supposed to be RIR? We could care less because they are " instantl gratification" girls. Meaning I seldom get less than 4eggs a day!!! We also have 15 chicks that are 8weeks. (Bantams,lavender and mauve orphingtons, flowered hens and we breed and own Flemish Giant rabbits, 11 adult and 8 new borne (yes,got sucked into them from dad) our Buck, Johnny Cash is a reading bubbly at the library I work at.. Dolly Parton is the new mother so she's on library vacation...lol
    Animals were how Dad and I connected and trust me I have endured a lot of farm pets that I feed that night and disappeared by the tine I was up to do chores....but always replaced with another baby of some kind. My Mother would have a fit every time....lol

Again, thanks for letting me join your chicken coops do I look forward to 'cluck.' [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tresea in Oklahoma

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi, Tressa, welcome to BYC! Sounds like you have quite the operation going there - and are going to have a lovely flock when your babies get grown!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Tressa, glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Teresa and [​IMG] - great to have you onboard and thanks for the interesting introduction.

Hope all goes well with your little ones.

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by