We Quit Cigarettes

This has been another of my greatest fears. My parents have always been very anti-drug and anti-medical treatment in general.
This month when a lot of crap hit the fan my dad gave me a hug and told me to seek help, whether it be a pill or anything. It felt like a mountain was lifted off my shoulders to hear that. Part of me still feels like it's "wrong" or "giving up" somehow, but I know that's not true.

:hugs definitely not wrong or anything to be ashamed of! And you need to do it for yourself first and not others :hugs

Anyway I'm so tired. Did I mention I ran on a treadmill at the cardiologist today?
Goodnight Kiki and all. I haven't felt this encouraged in a long while. Another day down. ♥

:hugs it will get better! I know that’s sooooo cliche and overused but it’s true!! Just one day at a time. Everybody. One day. :hugs

This has been another of my greatest fears. My parents have always been very anti-drug and anti-medical treatment in general.
This month when a lot of crap hit the fan my dad gave me a hug and told me to seek help, whether it be a pill or anything. It felt like a mountain was lifted off my shoulders to hear that. Part of me still feels like it's "wrong" or "giving up" somehow, but I know that's not true.
:hugs

I'll wait to harass you until after 9.
Sweet dreams.

You get that if you're lucky. When I was a teen and tried to ask my mom for help, she got all tight-lipped and indignant and said, "Don't be ridiculous. We don't have those kinds of problems in OUR family, and I don't ever want to hear you talk like that again." As I got older I realized alcohol and denial were her drugs of choice. It never occurred to her that she needed help, too.

Yeah, definitely not everybody has that, which is unfortunate. :( I’m so sorry you dealt with that! :hugs I feel like this sort of stuff is a lot more accepted in general now though thankfully but even now not everybody has that. Which makes me sad for them. But even just since my mom was a kid, it used to be very hush hush and everything was kept a secret. Thankfully I don’t think her family was particularly like that but that was the attitude in general. She grew up Catholic. Her family is wonderful but it was different then I feel like. Plus of course some people just don’t have good parents or any :(

Yeah, definitely not everybody has that, which is unfortunate. :( I’m so sorry you dealt with that! :hugs I feel like this sort of stuff is a lot more accepted in general now though thankfully but even now not everybody has that. Which makes me sad for them. But even just since my mom was a kid, it used to be very hush hush and everything was kept a secret. Thankfully I don’t think her family was particularly like that but that was the attitude in general. She grew up Catholic. Her family is wonderful but it was different then I feel like. Plus of course some people just don’t have good parents or any :(

Yip, was raised Catholic too. Had to look and act perfect. Not Catholic anymore! The thing about bipolar, depression, a lot of those things... it's like being diabetic, in a way. There's no shame in being diabetic and having to take insulin to keep your body in balance, right? No big deal. So with bipolar, same thing. Chemical imbalance. Take the pill that fixes it. No shame in that either. Feel better. Act better. Actually hold down a job. Be normal. It's all good! Happy days, eh?

Yip, was raised Catholic too. Had to look and act perfect. Not Catholic anymore! The thing about bipolar, depression, a lot of those things... it's like being diabetic, in a way. There's no shame in being diabetic and having to take insulin to keep your body in balance, right? No big deal. So with bipolar, same thing. Chemical imbalance. Take the pill that fixes it. No shame in that either. Feel better. Act better. Actually hold down a job. Be normal. It's all good! Happy days, eh?

Yeah my mom isn’t really either and decided not to raise us that way cause she hated all the rules and the fear/punishment stuff. She still believes or whatever, just not Catholic anymore haha and yeah exactly!! That’s why I don’t like when people are like just get over it or, even worse, “it’s all in your head!” I feel like being... well duh. It’s a chemical imbalance! You wouldn’t say to an asthmatic “it’s all in your lungs!” :lau

Back
Top Bottom