davidfchickens

Chirping
Oct 5, 2020
Been doing quite a bit of research, and am getting mixed results about the Buff Orpington, of which I have 6 (19 weeks, approaching POL). I absolutely love the breed's friendliness and personality, but I'm afraid I won't get as many eggs as I had hoped for. I am thinking about maybe next summer getting 4 more chicks, possibly for one of my broody BOs if it lines up right. I am interested in the Black Australorp, and the White Leghorn, just getting 2 of each to add. I've heard some great egg-laying stories from both of these breeds and heard how they have decent dispositions. My coop is plenty big to accommodate a few more birds. Any thoughts? #chickenmathisrealanddangerous

Been doing quite a bit of research, and am getting mixed results about the Buff Orpington, of which I have 6 (19 weeks, approaching POL). I absolutely love the breed's friendliness and personality, but I'm afraid I won't get as many eggs as I had hoped for. I am thinking about maybe next summer getting 4 more chicks, possibly for one of my broody BOs if it lines up right. I am interested in the Black Australorp, and the White Leghorn, just getting 2 of each to add. I've heard some great egg-laying stories from both of these breeds and heard how they have decent dispositions. My coop is plenty big to accommodate a few more birds. Any thoughts? #chickenmathisrealanddangerous
More chickens is always a good call! ;)
I have had both Australorps and leghorns, and they were excellent layers! The leghorns more so that the australorps, but the australorps were far more personable. Every leghorn I’ve had has been pretty flighty - but I know some people have had some tame ones.
Two of each sounds like a great plan! You’d get to experience both. Or, y’know...figure out what you like and get more next year;)

Back
Top Bottom