Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Pics
California has its own rules.... such as "Equestrian Activities" are allowed (so far our equestrian facilities are not shut down)
and we can now get "to go" cocktails
We have only got take out food a few times to support our local small business restaurants ~ check this one out! It is called the Emergency Family Meal. It came with two roles of toilet paper and two gigantic margaritas in big soup bowl styrofoam
IMG_1018.JPG

Having DH here full time is like living with a hungry bear. Every time one of us makes b-fast or lunch he comes lumbering down the hall visibly sniffing the air & saying, "What is that?" He looks at whatever someones eating, then looks in the fridge & looks in the cabinet, then wanders back down the hall. :lau There are 4 of us here (besides him) eating different things at different times, so this is like an all day, everyday event. It was irritating at first, but its getting kinda comical.

Stores are decimated around here. We are always ready for emergencies and are well stocked but still, shopping is creepy around here with isles of empty shelves. :hmm
Even our little rural grocery store was out of toilet paper. Turns out people from the Twin Cities, and Fargo ND were driving out here and cleaned out our shelves. That’s a minimum 3 hour drive from either place!
Having DH here full time is like living with a hungry bear. Every time one of us makes b-fast or lunch he comes lumbering down the hall visibly sniffing the air & saying, "What is that?" He looks at whatever someones eating, then looks in the fridge & looks in the cabinet, then wanders back down the hall. :lau There are 4 of us here (besides him) eating different things at different times, so this is like an all day, everyday event. It was irritating at first, but its getting kinda comical.
We’re going to have to make adjustments as DS and family are moving in with us. I have decided that DH and I will keep our regular schedule and they can either eat with us or do what they want. This whole Waltons-like lifestyle will be interesting. They are looking for a house in town, but haven’t had much luck yet. (When they asked if they could stay with us for a while, I said, “Sure! We can be the Waltons!” DIL said, “Who?”....

Even our little rural grocery store was out of toilet paper. Turns out people from the Twin Cities, and Fargo ND were driving out here and cleaned out our shelves. That’s a minimum 3 hour drive from either place!

We’re going to have to make adjustments as DS and family are moving in with us. I have decided that DH and I will keep our regular schedule and they can either eat with us or do what they want. This whole Waltons-like lifestyle will be interesting. They are looking for a house in town, but haven’t had much luck yet. (When they asked if they could stay with us for a while, I said, “Sure! We can be the Waltons!” DIL said, “Who?”....

:lau I hope you guys yell good night to each other at least once while they’re there. :gig

Things I think about while laying in bed ridiculously late every morning because I have no reason to get up.... If I put brown sugar in my coffee would it taste caramel flavored? What about hot chocolate with brown sugar... Caramel cocoa???

Does anyone know the answers to these deep & pressing questions? :confused:

The governor in CA listed all the pot stores as essential. My best guess is that he’s hoping everyone will be too sleepy to incite riots or start looting.

I've been ranting for three days about how the pot & liquor stores are still open, but bakeries, craft & candy stores are all closed. Pot & liquor stores are useless to me, but chocolate & crafts are essential items in my house with 3 teenage girls.

For some reason my BYC ads today are for local pot stores... The Universe is mocking me.

Things I think about while laying in bed ridiculously late every morning because I have no reason to get up.... If I put brown sugar in my coffee would it taste caramel flavored? What about hot chocolate with brown sugar... Caramel cocoa???

I read the book 'Sugar Blues' many years ago. The author had diabetes and tried to find out how to cure himself, which he did. On a fact finding mission, he went to a sugar cane refinery in Hawaii. There he learned that brown sugar is not healthier. They first make refined sugar and then add molasses to make it brown but if you think sugar and molasses would make your drinks taste like caramel, then go ahead but I doubt it.
Over 50 years ago, I was obsessed with caramel sundaes. I had one virtually every day in high school. At least on all the days I had money to buy one.
Then when I started working at Ford in the mid '70s I got an apartment across from the most amazing Frozen Custard shop (Ted Drews). I worked from 5PM to 4AM and woke around noon. I had a strawberry sundae for breakfast. I worked too hard to get fat.
I no longer eat anything sweet.
I've been ranting for three days about how the pot & liquor stores are still open, but bakeries, craft & candy stores are all closed. Pot & liquor stores are useless to me, but chocolate & crafts are essential items in my house with 3 teenage girls.

For some reason my BYC ads today are for local pot stores... The Universe is mocking me.
Grocery stores sell candy.
Perhaps you have things at home with which to make your own crafts.
There is an old thread here about making things out of old feed bags.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/feed-sack-recycling-ideas.1314140/
They have declared pot and liquor to be essential enterprises, perhaps to keep people from rioting. I think I heard about rioting in southern Italy.

I have a great starbux white chocolate mocha sauce knock-off I've been mixing with expresso and almond milk. It helps get me outta bed in the morning for my coffee/dessert :)

Back
Top Bottom