Advice How To Safely Transport Chicks Long Distances?

strawberricatt

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 4, 2016
Tomorrow I'm getting two baby silkies, unfortunately it's a three hour drive down to where they are. Can anyone tell me how I can keep them warm on the drive back? They'll be under a week old, and I'm pretty concerned that it'll stress them out to much. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Have a box with pine shavings on bottom and cover box with a towel. Place box in your auto near where the heat comes out. You are in winter weather zone in the southern hemisphere now. It does not get very cold where you are. Chicks should be fine. :thumbsup
WISHING YOU BEST...................... :highfive:

I'm sure they'd be fine with just the shavings but as an extra precaution I would bring along an old fashioned hot water bottle and ask if they don't mind heating up some water for you. Then you can place it in with them under some of the shavings and you know it won't get too hot. If they can't heat it for you I'm sure you could find a coffee shop nearby who would.

Best of luck and congrats on your new chickies!

Okay, here are the babies:
upload_2018-6-10_14-12-16.png

I am so in love with them:love My siblings named the brown one Friz, and the white one Porg.

Back
Top Bottom