Advice needed. Running around like a chicken with...

Focus on getting her in and where you can help her first, and I’m sure some knowledgeable people will be along soon to help. It doesn’t need to be pretty or perfect, a cardboard box can work for starters. And a bathroom is usually a good place, counters, water, good lighting, and easy to close off!

okay. all the birds are roosting. Marilyn is upstairs with me and in large crate with Pediasure, water and yogurt(warm & dark), It wasn't an over-heat issue. I could tell. I didn't have the time/composure to alert y'all that 2 months ago, I lost my first hen, Lucy. Moved her inside, thought she was doing better but, died in my arm 10 days after I was aware.

no, completely still. stood by the water stands for a long time. took some pics, trying to figure out how to share them. they don't show anything to me. she is just so stinkin still. not moving, slow to close eyes every once and a while. The comb looks nice. she just doesn't want/can't move?? She did vomit clear water-ishy stuff on me when i was bringing her upstairs.

If we accidentally squeeze the crop when handling a chicken when it is full and puffy, we can sometimes make them regurgitate crop contents. Hopefully, that is all that is wrong, but she might have aspirated some fluid. Just try to look her over in the morning, checking her crop again to see if it is fipull and puffy, feel of her lower belly for fullness or enlargement down between her legs compared to other chickens, look at her droppings, and check for egg binding.

Mouth, nose and eyes dry. Clear eyes. Good color of comb and wattles. Can we get a picture of her sideways, whole bird (tail and all) and another from behind at her abdomen and vent please? Asking about the back end because these two pictures lead me to believe she's the picture of health, just like a chicken, they HIDE their illnesses SO well, and only someone that knows their quirks would notice when they're not up to par. When you're not holding her, how does her breathing sound?

Mouth, nose and eyes dry. Clear eyes. Good color of comb and wattles. Can we get a picture of her sideways, whole bird (tail and all) and another from behind at her abdomen and vent please? Asking about the back end because these two pictures lead me to believe she's the picture of health, just like a chicken, they HIDE their illnesses SO well, and only someone that knows their quirks would notice when they're not up to par. When you're not holding her, how does her breathing sound?
Oh my, just seeing this. yes all good even though eyes are clear, they look dead. I am still struggling to upload pictures but I did take a vent and full body shot. let me work on getting them up. Thank you and everyone for questions, help and advice!!!!

Profile picture looks good too. Hoping that someone with more experience chimes in soon, as so far, I don't see anything wrong with your girl... she's really hiding this illness well. When did she lay her last egg?
I can't say the last egg lay, they are all pumping them out like crazy. She is a brown layer and I have 4 brown layers so hard to tell. I think I found the booty pic!! Will post.
Yes, It is a mystery. I feel like that scary show w/ Mom making up illnesses on her baby girl.
There are too many things I don't know about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom