afraid of cynder blocks...

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
So Saturday afternoon I do a little preparing for freezing weather. I placed two cynder blocks in the coop with smaller blocks around it. I then place my heated waterer on the two cynder blocks. So, around 4:45 pm I go out to lock up knowing that by this time all the chickens and my two ducks are in. Much to my surprise they are all still in the run. I thought was is going on. I cautiously opened the human door thinking I'm going to find some predator inside, who knew what it might be, raccoon, possum, hawk, owl...? I have them all so nothing would have surprised me. Thankfully nothing found.
So I surmize it's the vicious chicken eating cynder blocks that had them too scared to go in. I try to herd them in with my stick, no luck, some would go up to the ramp, look in and very quickly make a retreat.
I had to catch 23 chickens and put them in one at a time and shut the door behind them. Thankfully one night locked up with their imagined threat was all that was needed. They went in last night as usual. Silly birds

LOL! I put a suet cake in the run and they thought it was a predator.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom