After nearly three years I find out my rooster is a hen! (Questions and concerns!)

I was told by the person who hatched the chicks, that she comes from a candy corn/ torblunt parent, and I think a regular polish?? Considering her patterns has a lot more white then a traditional torblunt/candy corn does, I’m assuming she’s a cross breed.
View attachment 3349102
She looks like a tolbunt x candy corn cross to me, meaning she could be barred, mottled, and gold laced. Her unique pattern does give the illusion of pointed feathering.

You may have eaten that egg by now, but when one of my girls got bumblefoot, the vet told me to toss any eggs she laid. Once she was off the antibiotics, the eggs were fine to eat.
I didn’t see this post until now, but rest assure, I put the eggs aside until I could ask the vet if the eggs were safe to eat, and they told me the same thing to wait. But thank you for posting! Because before I asked the vet I was unsure if they were safe tbh.

She looks like a tolbunt x candy corn cross to me, meaning she could be barred, mottled, and gold laced. Her unique pattern does give the illusion of pointed feathering.
I think you’re right about what she’s crossed with, because I think I remember the lady mentioning golden lace.

Seriously it really does, especially when she was younger, her crown looked more pointed then rounded giving her that rocker hair style the polish males are know for.

Back
Top Bottom