After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

Due to multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, etc) I’m limited on breakfast options.
Luckily I adore eating eggs!
I eat 3 eggs (usually scrambled, sometimes fried) every single morning.
I’ve been doing this for 6 years and my cholesterol is fine lol.
I haven’t gotten tired of eggs either.
So I got chickens last year! :clap
I’ve come to realize it takes at least 6 months and a lot of feed for those pullets to start producing.
My favorite way of eating eggs is fried over medium and sop up that yummy yolk with some gluten free toast! Mmm
:drool

My flock eggs are far superior to the grocery store eggs. I would much rather eat them now than before. That's why I got chickens and also ducks. I look forward to freshly delivered eggs from the coop. I was a little hesitant with the duck eggs at first, but only due to never eating them before. But, they are so delish.

There are two chutes back there - one closes so the other can open to deliver the egg. That's how I am able to rectify the idea of eating eggs. Before I got chickens, I never gave the delivery of eggs a second thought. :D
Still, it's tissue manufactured inside an animal. :sick I'm a vegetarian for a reason. That's just gross to me, but sometimes I need some complete protein so I eat them. :rolleyes:

I find it amazing how they can convert chicken feed and bugs into something so delicious and nutritious. What was that old jingle about the incredible, edible egg?
It's the snotty chalazae that get me. Gotta pick them out. :thI just have problems with food mentally in general. Please don't ask me to eat out either. :oops:

It is amazing though. :)

I, myself, am looking forward to eggs. Number 2 reason for getting ducks! I’d have no problem eating their meat either - though I’m not going to slaughter them - so it would depend on how they will have died.

On a side note - I also made my kids clean the fish they caught before they ate it. Just a part of being at the top of the food chain - for now!:sick
Mean rooster chili is the best thing ever. I could eat nothing else for a month. :drool
I didn't use my birds for meat for a few years, but I do now. I believe it's my responsibility as part of running a breeding program. Selling weaklings or otherwise subpar birds isn't right.

It's the snotty chalazae that get me. Gotta pick them out. :thI just have problems with food mentally in general. Please don't ask me to eat out either. :oops:

It is amazing though. :)
Hey, at least you'll never have the insane restaurant bill that some people rack up. :thumbsup

I have a hard time eating commercial eggs, bland pale things that they are, from those overcrowded miserable birds.
To the OP: it's a cultural issue here in the USA, IMO. Food appears in boxes at the grocery store, totally unrelated to the farm, mother nature, or anything 'real' beyond that store shelf. Only about 2% of us are rural, not city, and can connect to the food chain directly. I too cleaned the fish I caught when I was a kid!
I could go on and on, but rant over, for now!
Mary
2%? That's worse than I thought.

I grew up on a farm. I've seen and done things no kid should do. Nothing like coming home from school to find your best friend the steer hanging from the butcher truck. :(

Been there, ate that. Cow, rabbits, goat, chickens, deer, fish, quail, chukkar, etc. Never had a problem gutting a trout, but never could deal with dispatching and dressing the land critters. Others loved the show and mess, as well as the delicacies afterward. "Scrambled eggs and Brains" for breakfast the day after the slaughter. Never could figure out a way to get THAT into my mouth :sick.

Back
Top Bottom