After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

I haven’t raised my mallards for a year so I haven’t had any eggs yet but I am going to eat them (the eggs) but NEVER the meat. My oldest mallard, Hulk (female), is about 5 months and my youngest, Belle (male), is about 4 months old. I will eat their eggs because I’ve heard they are rich and nutritious and also FREE EGGS! Why not!?

I have 29 laying hens and one rooster. I LOVE eggs! I eat between 2 and 6 eggs a day myself. They are tasty and healthy and I have no problem with "where they came from". I make egg salad for sandwiches every other day. My husband gets fried eggs for breakfast and sometimes dinner too! I sell eggs as a business and extra unsold eggs are scrambled and given back to the chickens as well. Eggs are a fantastic food!

I, myself, am looking forward to eggs. Number 2 reason for getting ducks! I’d have no problem eating their meat either - though I’m not going to slaughter them - so it would depend on how they will have died.

On a side note - I also made my kids clean the fish they caught before they ate it. Just a part of being at the top of the food chain - for now!:sick

Still, it's tissue manufactured inside an animal. :sick I'm a vegetarian for a reason. That's just gross to me, but sometimes I need some complete protein so I eat them. :rolleyes:

Do ya like Figs? Just wondering.
24017-004-98EF07A1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom