After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

My-pets-make-me-breakfast.jpg

Not yet tho. My kahki should have laid eggs by now but i doubt she will untill spring. which will be the first duck egg i try

My buddy offers me his cayuga and scovies eggs but i refuse. My ducks owe me and they will pay out the butt. :gig

Eggs are not the evil food the cereal industry made them out to be. They are a very good whole food. I love to bake with my duck eggs everything is so moist. I just don’t do a lot of baking. My dh won’t eat duck eggs he says they are too rich he prefers the chicken eggs but when I made an omelet from the goose egg he did enjoy that.

When my first chickens started laying I couldn't eat their eggs at all! It just seemed weird knowing their little butts laid them. I actually wondered "what if I did something wrong and they'll taste awful??" I didn't trust myself, or them, apparently :gigBut that phase soon passed... I can't wait for my new ladies to start laying!!

I make an amazing cornbread with my eggs... didn't tell my family until after they tried it and my sister said - since speedy is your daughter, we are essentially eating your grandkids. I said essentially! Ugh - I just don't think about it now - though it is easier when they aren't speedys, lol.

That is seriously what my friend says..she is always...always saying " You are eating Jeffery's babies"... and I think ' they are really my girls not his, they lay them!'. For you guys who like eggs this a good sight that has really good recipes to cooking with farm fresh eggs( duck and chicken). https://www.fresheggsdaily.com/p/recipes.html
They ain't babies until they are incubated. :idunno

I know right...she is NOT a duck person so I don't blame her. Funny thing is we got her old dog house to use a duck house! As her being a contribute I think she should learn a bit more about ducks!
My crazy vegan brother calls eggs placentas. He really is nutty. Fertilization doesn't happen in an egg until it's incubated. Before that it's just a fertilized egg. Did that make sense. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom