Age of these/ ready to go out?

Bvangorp

Chirping
Mar 20, 2022
What age do you think these chicks are? Are they ready to go out in the coop? I can put a heat lamp out there for extra heat if they need it. Please help me out don’t want them to get too cold but think they are ready.

C55480B1-B711-4C18-BF4B-2AA86572AFC2.jpeg

During the day anywhere from 40-60
Night 28-40

I have the heat lamp in there and it is saying that under the lamp it is about 65ish and still warming up I have a live reading.
It should be good. Pictures of the coop?

Have the slowly been acclimated outside? What's the temp in current brooder?

What age do you think these chicks are? Are they ready to go out in the coop? I can put a heat lamp out there for extra heat if they need it. Please help me out don’t want them to get too cold but think they are ready.

View attachment 3042596
Temp please and age. i don’t recommend heat lamps, they can start a fire and get a chicken used to heat.

During the day anywhere from 40-60
Night 28-40

I have the heat lamp in there and it is saying that under the lamp it is about 65ish and still warming up I have a live reading.
Okay, i think they would be fine, you can slowly add them in and first have them get used to it and then take them in at night for the first day if you want, i would take the heat lamp out..

Wow ok maybe I won’t do the heat lamp. Just didn’t want them to get out into the cold from inside temps and be shocked/ freeze but I guess they are probably more resilient than that

Back
Top Bottom