Aggressive female towards male duck

We will try this. But as of this morning, she's been pulling his neck and back. Feathers have come out. It's exhausting and kind of heartbreaking to watch.
What you can try is to dampen her status within the flock: Grab her by the shoulders and put your hand heavy on her back, forcing her to lay down and sit. She will struggle and try to get away, don't let her. You are dominating her, eroding her status within the flock a bit and her self esteem somewhat.
It is like a bully being bullied by a stronger bully. - I don't mean to call you a bully, but you have to act like one in this case. ;) It will likely dampen her aggression for a while and you can repeat that until she stops bullying the drake.

My Muscovy female, would be protective of my other female bella but would attack her to, they worked it out as they got older and are BFFS now, let them work it out

No change yet.... every monrning there are more feathers around the run, although his neck looks fine.
I personally just went through this situation, couldn't find any advise online. So what I did worked! I took the aggressive female out of the main containment and put her in a tall dog run type pen and put her right by the main coop. I did this for a week then put her back in the main pen, she was back to her sweet self that moment! I hope this information helps you or any others in the same situation. 😊

Jill

Back
Top Bottom