Aggressive Rooster

mcclellanfarm

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 13, 2011
So we are new to chickens and are only allowed to have 4 hens. Of course one is s Rooster! So we gave the Rooster to a cool lady with a farm and now he is free ranging in a pen with 2 goats. The new owner just email me this...Her/his name was and still is Grandma nut....

Quick question…any suggestions for when a rooster gets cranky? Grandma has been starting to become what seems to be territorial. He has been pecking at me quite a bit in the last few days. He’ll peck my ankles while I’m feeding the goats, when I was sitting on the tree stump in the pen with a goat on my lap he pecked my elbow really hard…just to name a couple times. I’m not quite sure how to read what’s happening, but I’m worried about letting people near him. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks!

Give him a light cuff around the head when he does it....equivalent to a human "peck". It doesn't hurt them but it sure gets their attention. Remember to pull your punch, so to speak....a light cuff or you'll knock him cockeyed!
lol.png
Pun intended....
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom