AH! First hatch! First 17 are hatching! *help please pg 14*

It depends on how long it was at that temperature. Do you know how long it was and why it happened? What are you using for an incubator (I missed it along the way)? Does it self-regulate?

BTW are you going to Shay's swap on the 10th? I think I'll be going also.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have no idea. My mom says she doesn't even remember when
roll.png
oh the stress
tongue.png
. the knob may have been bumped. I have the hova 1602n, fan, self-regulates. the temp is good now tho.

I'm planning on it
big_smile.png

You're probably okay but not much you can do about it at this point anyway. Just got to sit it out.

Which reminds me I need to move some eggs over to the hatching tray in the morning, and set the last 40 eggs. I can't believe I'm hatching into July.

Quote:
My incubator can hold 288 chicken eggs. I don't think I really want to hatch year round!

I'm getting ready for lock down here also. Candled them last night and lots of moving chickies..
wee.gif
I also gave them a pep talk about this big new world they are coming in.
SANY0028.jpg

Well everything is set. Placed paper toweling on the grate, took eggs out of their paper toweling ring holders, started bumping up the humidity, now to sit and wait.

Last edited:
Oh all the hatching is so exciting! I hope everyone has great hatches!
big_smile.png
Sad about the 5 chicks that died
sad.png
but new life is coming so yay for that! I can't wait till wednesday! Tomorrow I'm getting the hatcher ready for the first 17!

Back
Top Bottom