Alaska Forest Fire!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers please/update

Makes sense, they wouldn't take a lot of space anyways
smile.png
Fire is terrible! So are floods... been thru a couple of those.

Oh no! The poor animals!
hit.gif
I hope they let them free.. some may survive...
fl.gif

I would try to bring them with me as far away from the fire as i could though....
Those poor people..
hit.gif
barnie.gif

This is the most current information on a perimeter for the Eagle Trail fire near Tanacross/Tok ...

Latest word from the fire is that despite the brisk wind from the south, firefighters were able to hold onto and save Tanacross. That credit goes mostly to experienced local Tanacross firefighters who stayed behind to defend the village when it was evacuated earlier in the day.

The fuel break constructed some years ago there, made a big difference.

So at this time, Tanacross is looking OK. Eagle Subdivision is looking OK. The fire is still very actively burning west of Tanacross (downstream on the Tanana River) and probably has crossed the Tanana and now could be N of the river.

We should have more information by morning. Be patient with us; we are somewhat hectic here!

Pete Buist
Alaska

Many of the evacuated villagers were at the Tok school tonight, where the Red Cross planned to set up a shelter and kids were playing in the gymnasium.

“They’re just joyous that their village has been spared. It was very close," said Forestry spokesman Dave Stancliff. "There is still some risk, but the major fire line at this point has gone past them.”

Read more: http://community.adn.com/adn/node/151855#ixzz0pGi0XQQ3

Back
Top Bottom