ALERT!! FAKE SHELTER/ RESCUER

Illinois_ Kelly

Songster
12 Years
Sep 13, 2007
Marion, Illinois
Posted by: "IL Pets For People" [email protected] il_pets_for_people
Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:53 am (PDT)
This was sent to me I am just fwding the info. For any additional info contact DB <bohn7 @ charter.net> ( remove spaces before & after @ ) .

FAKE SHELTER / RESCUER ALERT

Tony & Rebecca Williams claim to have a rescue in Rocky Mount, NC
and are trying to get dogs from all over the Eastern Seaboard. (She
offered to take 14 dogs since Monday.)

Their claims are lies, they are actually using these dogs for illegal dog fighting.

She continues to take dogs. Most are pit bulls, with some offers to
adopt Presa Canarios, Rottweilers, Dobermans, and Wolf hybrids. In
addition, she had previously posted that her roommate was looking
for a Great Dane or Great Dane mix. She also posted that she
was "desperate" for a Chihuahua and she really wanted a Min Pin and
a Jack Russell. She claims her rescue is a pit bull rescue, but
another pit rescuer called the local Animal Control.

Animal Control's comments:
"She's been barred from taking any dogs from the shelters in her
area." He also said she has a long criminal history, has been
selling Pit Bulls on street corners for $15 or $20 and has been
under investigation for dog fighting. Atlantic Rescue has now banned
her, after finding out this information. These are the breeds she
has asked for:

a. Pit Bulls
b. Rottweillers
c. Dobermans
d. Presa Canarios
e. Tea Cup Chihuahuas
f. Jack Russell Terriers
g. Sharpeis
h. Miniature Pinscher
i. Great Dane (Pure Breed or Mix)

She uses the little dogs as bait! They are going out of their area looking for dogs to adopt for their inhumane purposes.

Please cross post this even if you are not in this area. They have been known to cross multiple state lines and may be in your area now or in the near future!

Thank you!

Why hasn't someone arrested them???
barnie.gif

Yes, they're apparently still trying. Arrests are "pending" I have no idea what that means. I just know that it's absurd, at best, that people are known to do illegal activity and not immediately arrested to prevent them from doing it again.

We have toy poodles. They're part of our family; run, eat, sleep and play in our home. Before I consider allowing them to adopt one of these precious babies, I screen them like crazy. We BOTH sign a contract, etc. I just can't imagine handing over any animal to someone without checking them out. There are too many people unfit to care for them. Ugh, I'm sorry.... I'll get off of my soapbox. It just breaks my heart.

Thats we do. We also get vet refrences. My mother and I are an idependant rescue group and have had many succsesful adoptions. We did go down hill last year but things are back to normal. I do know how you feel because we do have people who call and ask if they need to sign a contract. I say yes and they hang up. We never adopt to people like that. Sorry for going on a rant but I do know how you feel.

You didn't happen to post this on the Raleigh, NC craigslist did you? I think I may have seen a few posts from these people asking for animal shelter help, being in the guise of being the shelter...

Stacy

Stacy,
No, I didn't. I'm in Illinois and really have no idea about the Craig's List there. If you wouldn't mind cross-posting it, that would be great. Someone on another site posted it and asked us to cross-post for her. Apparently this encompasses many states. Sad, isn't it?

Kelly

Isn't that awful!!!! I have seen her name...and others... on the pit bull sites that I go to. They is more than one person out there running that scam. It's so horrible! I think they should be shot instead of arrested!!!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
Of course, that is just my opinion.

Wanted to add....... that's why you never trust anyone who acts so normal and happy about taking ALL your kittens or puppies off your hands. With so many animals that need homes, even most bleeding hearts do not need more than one at a time.

Last edited:
I understand why you think rescuers are bad, some are. And, I guess that's true in most everything in life; good and bad in everything. Please don't forego the good rescuers and breeders who deserve credit for what they do just because others are horrible. Instead, look for those who are worthy of your time and effort. Some rescuers are amazing people and do so much good for animals who would otherwise be euthanized. I elected to breed our family pets, toy poodles, and I'm very protective and selective about who comes into their lives. This is actually how I came to be involved in rescues. I've never gained any money from rescues. In fact, I've gone in the red each time but that's ok. These wonderful intelligent creatures have ended up in happy, safe homes and for me, that is the ultimate goal.

My other half and I are both nurses and cherish being able to take care of people in our job. When we come home, we lovingly care for our pets as well. We are animal crazy here and it's apparent when you come to our home. I'm so thankful he loves them as much as I.

Please repost this, so these heartless people aren't able to get by with such gross mistreatment so easily.

Thanks,
Kelly

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom