All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

My word!
Where did you get the German one?
I love frizzles!
My Banty Cochin was suppose to be frizzled, and her feathers were almost frizzled for a while, but as she got older they slicked down.
You realise I'm in Australia, right? I went to get bantams from a small time breeder an hour or so west of where I live. She had Vorwerks & my man fell in love with them so we got a couple.

ETA: Frizzles are a breed out here as well. My 1st frizzle was a standard Lavender. Beautiful girl but something of a klutz but as she was so large she was never picked on & when I got smaller frizzles no~one in my tribes batted an eyelid.

You realise I'm in Australia, right? I went to get bantams from a small time breeder an hour or so west of where I live. She had Vorwerks & my man fell in love with them so we got a couple.

ETA: Frizzles are a breed out here as well. My 1st frizzle was a standard Lavender. Beautiful girl but something of a klutz but as she was so large she was never picked on & when I got smaller frizzles no~one in my tribes batted an eyelid.
She was rather a klutz. I recall she had trouble getting up on the roost.

Because of the frizzled wing feathers.
Pretty much. Some frizzles can manage short, low flights but I would imagine that would depend on the breed frizzled. Breed frizzles I've had can't fly. Too heavy, wings too short & the frizzling all add up to a no fly girl.

Last edited:
Yes, I've a couple of exceptionally large girls. One of my BRs is simply HUGE!
😲
My only problem with the larger breeds is that they tend to pass easier. My sister’s big ol’ Wellie roo was like that. And my Black Aussie (australorp) was like that, big boy, although he ended up with what seemed to be arthritis. His legs splayed out as he got older.

Back
Top Bottom