ALL YOU PIGEON RAISERS OUT THERE!!!

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
hEY ALL YOU PIGEOn raisers I have a question. Is there any thing you give your pigeons to lay more eggs? and also, are your pigeons laying right now??

THANKS.

smile.png

I supply pine needles for making nest at all times.

And I have birds on eggs right now. But I have more loss of chicks this time of year from the cold.

well I know that the only lay 2 eggs in a cluch, I was just wondering if there was any kind of food i could give them to make them lay any eggs. because they havent layed any in like 3 months and only raised 2 babies this year. so would anyone know why you have eggs and chicks and mine wont even do anything???

I have a Pair of White Fantails sitting on eggs right now.
Mine would sit year round but i pull the eggs in winter as i feel it's just to cold to have babys.
The white fantails laid eggs in the nest while i was sick and my husband took care of them for me.
I didn't have the heart to unset them.

Special feed
hu.gif
not that i know of i feed mine a bird seed mix with added safflower.

Just feed a good pigeon feed, most feed stores can get pigeon feed. Give them more light, most breeders like birds hatch early for show and racing.
When I raised racers, I gave them, longer light so I could hatch in Jan. and Feb. The parents keep the squeakers warm.

Back
Top Bottom