Almost finished, but usable

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dzzzyd, May 23, 2007.

1. Dzzzyd

Dzzzyd Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    [​IMG]

My husband let me turn the old tool shed into a house for the two girls, Alice and Flo. You can see them out in the dirt. I never saw baby chickens roll in the dirt before. It was such a hoot to watch them have fun with their first time out there. They don't stay out at night yet, but they really enjoy it during the day. My 20 year old son was impressed with my carpenter skills. He thought I must've had help. The Cocker Star is pretty interested, but she is so old all she can do is look and dream.
    D.

2. happyhens

happyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    Nice coop! Looks like you did a great job... and it also looks like you have enough room for a few more chickens [​IMG]

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Great use of an existing fixture. I second the vote more chickens are needed.

4. Dzzzyd

Dzzzyd Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    Thanks.. I'm thinking so too about more chickens. I'm easing chickens onto my husband slowly. He he he... You know how it is. The neighbors don't even know yet either. We live in town, but I know there are people around with chickens here. I have been told it's ok to have them, even a roo if nobody complains. I would love one, but I know the neighbor would complain. She sleeps till noon. Hahaha!

5. Cricket

Cricket Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Hey... I've got my rooster kind of trained. When he starts crowing, I open the door and say "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He stops.... for a little bit.... then he starts crowing again.

He's gotten into the habit of crowing now just to get my attention *every time he sees me*... I think I must be doing anti-training or something. *shrug*

Anyway.... I hope you are able to definitely get some more girls... and maybe one day, your rooster!

Cricket

6. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Great job on your coop! Wow, I was helping hubby with ours and realized I am NOT a carpenter AT ALL. Gawd aren't those shingles HEAVY, and I couldn't drive the nails in straight, either. I'm really impressed! And I love your setup!

Cricket, sounds like your rooster has trained YOU! [​IMG]

Meghan

7. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Quote:I agree with Queen, he has you well trained.

Just like if your dog barks your not suppose to yell or talk to it otherwise it will bark to get your attenion.

8. Cricket

Cricket Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes, unfortunately... I think he does. *grumble* [​IMG]

Cricket

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by