Almost finished, but usable

Dzzzyd

In the Brooder
12 Years
May 9, 2007
Klamath Falls, Oregon
IMG_1293.jpg

My husband let me turn the old tool shed into a house for the two girls, Alice and Flo. You can see them out in the dirt. I never saw baby chickens roll in the dirt before. It was such a hoot to watch them have fun with their first time out there. They don't stay out at night yet, but they really enjoy it during the day. My 20 year old son was impressed with my carpenter skills. He thought I must've had help. The Cocker Star is pretty interested, but she is so old all she can do is look and dream.
D.

Nice coop! Looks like you did a great job... and it also looks like you have enough room for a few more chickens
wink.png

Thanks.. I'm thinking so too about more chickens. I'm easing chickens onto my husband slowly. He he he... You know how it is. The neighbors don't even know yet either. We live in town, but I know there are people around with chickens here. I have been told it's ok to have them, even a roo if nobody complains. I would love one, but I know the neighbor would complain. She sleeps till noon. Hahaha!

Hey... I've got my rooster kind of trained. When he starts crowing, I open the door and say "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He stops.... for a little bit.... then he starts crowing again.

He's gotten into the habit of crowing now just to get my attention *every time he sees me*... I think I must be doing anti-training or something. *shrug*

Anyway.... I hope you are able to definitely get some more girls... and maybe one day, your rooster!

Cricket

Great job on your coop! Wow, I was helping hubby with ours and realized I am NOT a carpenter AT ALL. Gawd aren't those shingles HEAVY, and I couldn't drive the nails in straight, either. I'm really impressed! And I love your setup!

Cricket, sounds like your rooster has trained YOU!
lau.gif

Meghan

Quote:
I agree with Queen, he has you well trained.

Just like if your dog barks your not suppose to yell or talk to it otherwise it will bark to get your attenion.

Back
Top Bottom