Organic gardening works for me, I have done it over 35 years, but it takes a lot of work and many different approaches to the same problem sometimes. I have never done specific preventative wormer meds , rarely needed to treat for them. Nothing organic has cured a worm infestation for me. I use DE as a dust bath for my chickens to help prevent fleas and mites and for some insect/snails control on/around my plants. It does help with mites. It may help suppress or prevent worms, I don't know for sure. I got worms in a flock one time , years ago, from wild birds(also mites). Tried cayenne pepper, DE, oregano and some other things for weeks, I can't recall what all, repeatedly. None worked. Treated one time with Wazine, no more worms. I got the mites with a couple of treatments of Fels naptha soap, rosemary oil and pyrethrin to the cleaned coop(smelled nice too) No mites or worms in my flocks in twenty five years, since.( three years with no chickens) But I do use the DE regularly as a dust bath and I think they consume some preening after dust bathing regularly! My oldest laying hens(layed eggs to ten and 12 years) ever, after I started using DE dust baths. Coincidence? I had worms in chickens twice in about the first 20 years I kept chickens. Both times chemical wormers cured it fast, once I used it. If you have a good organic or "natural" worm cure that is safe and effective I would like to know about it. Until then, if I need a wormer ,I will use something that works fast and safe from the coop store.

If you have a good organic or "natural" worm cure that is safe and effective I would like to know about it. Until then, if I need a wormer ,I will use something that works fast and safe from the coop store.
Great post, based on vast experience and summed up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom