Am I a Roo?

dolphin92

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
Oklahoma

This "pullet" is about 25 weeks old. Just past week it is changing and I think it's a roo. What do u all think?

It is a RR or a red sex link, or a mixed mutt, but definitely beautiful bird. My birds looked like this also and I had questions as you do. until they were answered. They started laying eggs. But prior to that I had my doubts. If it cockadoodles, then it points to roo. But I had hens cockadoodle at times. Maybe they were stuck between good and evil. LOL .. It is easiest to tell by their behavior . My pullets looked just like your pictures. Maybe I should steal your pictures and claim them to be of my birds, LOL

I need a ground full body pic.

I am thinking it's a hen.It has no real rooster tail,plus,I have delt with cockerals,they crow around maybe 4 weeks or 6 weeks....

It is a RR or a red sex link, or a mixed mutt, but definitely beautiful bird. My birds looked like this also and I had questions as you do. until they were answered. They started laying eggs. But prior to that I had my doubts. If it cockadoodles, then it points to roo. But I had hens cockadoodle at times. Maybe they were stuck between good and evil. LOL .. It is easiest to tell by their behavior . My pullets looked just like your pictures. Maybe I should steal your pictures and claim them to be of my birds, LOL
It is not a RIR,possibly PR,like you said,or mutt.She also could be a Red ranger,they look big and something VERY/EXACTLY like that.......

I need a ground full body pic.

I am thinking it's a hen.It has no real rooster tail,plus,I have delt with cockerals,they crow around maybe 4 weeks or 6 weeks....

The range of age at which a cockerel first might crow can range quite widely from the age you have experienced to several months.

Can you get a naturally lit, full body side shot? Photo #3 is hinting at dark, glossy patches on the wings - but there are none of the more lit photos showing the same area to compare and determine if it's just lighting or true color. Would like to see the saddle feathers as well.

Can you get a naturally lit, full body side shot? Photo #3 is hinting at dark, glossy patches on the wings - but there are none of the more lit photos showing the same area to compare and determine if it's just lighting or true color. Would like to see the saddle feathers as well.
You beat me to it! I agree, we need a side shot with natural lighting.

We need a full side-profile photo in order to accurately sex your bird. With these photos, I'm leaning towards cockerel, though.

Back
Top Bottom