IMG_4033.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    958.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    726.9 KB · Views: 44
Wait about one more week before posting them. So far, the one with more brown-ish feathers appears to be a pullet, as that color will be female-specific unless s/he starts to lose that color and replaces it with more red and gold, which would happen if it is a cockerel. The one with white-and-red feathers could go either way like the aforementioned bird; red wing bows on a white body signals a male, but that chicken's white feathers appear to be down that could be replaced into red as it grows. Overall, we will have to wait.

Wait about one more week before posting them. So far, the one with more brown-ish feathers appears to be a pullet, as that color will be female-specific unless s/he starts to lose that color and replaces it with more red and gold, which would happen if it is a cockerel. The one with white-and-red feathers could go either way like the aforementioned bird; red wing bows on a white body signals a male, but that chicken's white feathers appear to be down that could be replaced into red as it grows. Overall, we will have to wait.
What do you think now? I am guessing both are hens but wanted another opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    582.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4874.jpeg
    IMG_4874.jpeg
    992.4 KB · Views: 35
Both are for sure cockerels.
Just curious how you decided? The hackle feathers? I'm sure there's breed specific traits I'm missing; I apparently haven't done enough research yet. I got a bit overwhelmed with the variants in EEers and passed on them this season so I could learn more about them.

Their saddle feathers look like pullets to me... The hackles look like lacing that makes them look pointy. Could either of them be female? I'm not guessing on gender because I'm totally not qualified, just trying to learn more! What is it about reds browns and gold coloring you noted for genders of EEers?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom