Ameraucana 2

I got refunded, and it was end of production hatch so I knew they might be short. They where short on blacks but the lavenders was a mix up. They had really good customer service and I got a near total refund for the mix up. I already have three of the four orpingtons sold. 😊
Oh well that’s good! Sounds like it will all work out okay then! A bunch of free chickens and you actually profited! 😁😁 Glad to hear they were so helpful, it’s nice when people that run a business know what good customer service is! ❤️

My Olive Egger, Easter Egger, and Wellsummer all have green/blue legs. It doesn’t mean they are pure.
Looks like you have a very pretty EE. 🙂
If your welsummer has green or blue legs, it’s not a purebred welsummer. That breed has yellow legs.
The genetics are different but unfortunately for physical characteristics there is none this is why so many people end up with Easter Eggers when they think they're getting ameraucanas. Their temperament is about the same too.
They actually do look pretty different. Ameraucanas usually have a larger beard, smaller pea comb, and fuller body. Though they can come in some of the same colors, most EE colors will never be seen on an ameraucana. Also, colors like wheaten aren’t usually seen on Easter eggers.

Here is my handsome Splash Ameraucana rooster, Antonio 😊 he is 4 months old. I recently started noticing some brown coloring on him, and I can’t tell if it’s color leakage or if he’s getting dirty somehow. Any ideas? Also, are his legs green? They look different to me everyday and I can’t decide. Lol. This boy seems to be a bit of a genetic shuffle trainwreck (he was sexed as a pullet) but he’s got a rocking beard, and he doesn’t attack me like my other rooster, so Tony will stay!
63FEFD26-0379-49E1-8C93-660258BA954C.jpeg

Attachments

• 84111A1F-BE62-48AC-9682-4FAF1AC1DFB0.png
    84111A1F-BE62-48AC-9682-4FAF1AC1DFB0.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 4
  • A0AA0AC5-194C-403B-BC31-2781D8C72677.jpeg
    A0AA0AC5-194C-403B-BC31-2781D8C72677.jpeg
    948.9 KB · Views: 4
Here is my handsome Splash Ameraucana rooster, Antonio 😊 he is 4 months old. I recently started noticing some brown coloring on him, and I can’t tell if it’s color leakage or if he’s getting dirty somehow. Any ideas? Also, are his legs green? They look different to me everyday and I can’t decide. Lol. This boy seems to be a bit of a genetic shuffle trainwreck (he was sexed as a pullet) but he’s got a rocking beard, and he doesn’t attack me like my other rooster, so Tony will stay! View attachment 3279041
He does appear to have some leakage in his wings! He may not be a full splash Ameraucana…as that color seems like it might have a gold leakage base and thus might have some other color mixed in. His legs do have a green tint, but that isn’t uncommon in Splash when they are young. My girl Marshmallow had rather green tinted legs but she’s 8 months now and her legs are much more slate as expected.

He sounds like a gem though!! And he’s very pretty 😍 I would let him stay too!

He does appear to have some leakage in his wings! He may not be a full splash Ameraucana…as that color seems like it might have a gold leakage base and thus might have some other color mixed in. His legs do have a green tint, but that isn’t uncommon in Splash when they are young. My girl Marshmallow had rather green tinted legs but she’s 8 months now and her legs are much more slate as expected.

He sounds like a gem though!! And he’s very pretty 😍 I would let him stay too!
I’m thinking it’s leakage too. I was hoping to use him for breeding but now I’m not sure. Either way he’s sweet and cute enough to look at! I have a soft spot for those Ameraucana beards. Lol

I’m thinking it’s leakage too. I was hoping to use him for breeding but now I’m not sure. Either way he’s sweet and cute enough to look at! I have a soft spot for those Ameraucana beards. Lol
Me too :D I have acquired a LOT of bearded chickens haha! You might post the picture on the Ask Nicalandia thread in the Genetics forum, and see if he knows or NatJ knows if that type of leakage is typical and will carry to his kids. I have a bantam cochin rooster with crazy leakage...he looks half birchen instead of all blue like he should be. I have two of his kids, so I guess I will see how much he passes on as well. I'm hoping that neither baby I have is a boy haha, but if it is, we will see! :D

Can only make birds have red leakage???
No, but because of where the leakage is on her male and mine, I am thinking the leakage relates to male carrying genes that are incomplete. It is an assumption of course, haha, because I still have rather limited experience breeding but I suppose it just depends on where the incomplete genetics exist in the bird!

No, but because of where the leakage is on her male and mine, I am thinking the leakage relates to male carrying genes that are incomplete. It is an assumption of course, haha, because I still have rather limited experience breeding but I suppose it just depends on where the incomplete genetics exist in the bird!
Oh thanks! I am breeding a columbian buff bird to a paint bird and I was told I'll probably get some red leakage...which I'm fine with because it's a mix breed anyway...I kinda want a little red leakage for variety 😅

Back
Top Bottom