Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. CrazyChknLady

CrazyChknLady Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    I have 3 amearcaunas and want to post their pics, but I can't seem to find directions on how to do it. help!

2. crazychicken5150

crazychicken5150 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Sonora, CA
    if you had two ameraucanas say one black and one buff and they mated would the chicks be EE? Also i have 5 EE that came from Ideal Poultry but one is all white with slate blue legs would that be considered a true ameraucana?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. ByN8ureHomstead

ByN8ureHomstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I could be wrong but mating a black to anything other than a Blue, Black, Splash or Lavender will give you EE.

4. ByN8ureHomstead

ByN8ureHomstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:There is a how to somewhere. basically to need to use the uploads in the menu bar, and then copy the link into your post.

5. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:I'll try and get a decent picture of her this morning!

[​IMG] Can't wait to see her, either.

Here's my bunch. They still haven't grown their tail feathers back from being picked on where I bought them. And the two that lost toes to frost bite, are smaller than the one that has all her toes.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/momsallbsns/Chickens/Ambunch.jpg

They have such sweet personalities, and are so curious about everything. The lady we bought them from never let them out of the coop, so when we let them free range, they think they are in Disneyland. LOL

They just started to figure out that when I open the coop they can leave and go forage. [​IMG]

They are in Disneyland! You are such a wonderful chicken mama. They are beautiful and my Gabby girl looks just like your Blues....beautiful!

6. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] Can't wait to see her, either.

Here's my bunch. They still haven't grown their tail feathers back from being picked on where I bought them. And the two that lost toes to frost bite, are smaller than the one that has all her toes.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/momsallbsns/Chickens/Ambunch.jpg

They have such sweet personalities, and are so curious about everything. The lady we bought them from never let them out of the coop, so when we let them free range, they think they are in Disneyland. LOL

They just started to figure out that when I open the coop they can leave and go forage. [​IMG]

They are in Disneyland! You are such a wonderful chicken mama. They are beautiful and my Gabby girl looks just like your Blues....beautiful!

Thank you! Yeah, we aren't going to show or breed, so it made sense to take these. She had wheatons too, but we just fell in love with these three, and the Wheatons were perfect, so we left them for someone who was breeding or showing.

7. just2rosey

just2rosey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    New Kent
    I have been hatching shipped eggs since January to start my flock of pure bred Ameraucanas. I swear I have been hatching 3 roos for every pullet. [​IMG] This chick is from a small batch and only two hatched on April 1st, and this one is still trying to fool me about whether is is a roo or a pullet. It has a single row of peas on the comb, but it is pink already at only 9 wks old. The other chick is definately a roo, 3 rows and a red comb already. So I would love to hear what you all think. Is this a pullet pinking up early or a roo in disguise?
    [​IMG]

another view, same chick.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all your help and thoughts. This is my favorite chick from all we have hatched. It flies up and lands on my shoulder like a parrot. If I call it comes running.... very sweet chick, I really hope its a girl! Either way its a keeper in my book.

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    It's a cockerel.

9. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Ok I have a few questions for the Ameraucana pros. I have a couple roosters and a hen or two that their beard and muffs have been picked out. How do I promote growth? I have my 4H fair coming up on July 25th I do believe.

Second question is what are the opinion on the type on my quad of Lavender bantams. I think they hens are pretty good by the rooster holds his tail too high sometimes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry the hens won't stand still!

Secondly what are some opinions on my Blues and Blacks

[​IMG]
    Old blue hen
    [​IMG]
    Old black hen
    [​IMG]
    The cock I think I'm keeping for breeding
    [​IMG]
    Feb. hatch pullet
    [​IMG]
    The front cock bird is my spare (I'm not sure about it though his comb is much better)

[​IMG]
    you can see the comb of the spare cock's comb and see the the beardlessness!

you can see my Brown Red cockerel who is BEARDLESS too! He is on my website.

10. phoneman

phoneman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumter s.c.
    hi i am new to this post. i have a question i will be picking up tomorrow 9 w b/w ameruacana hens and 1w and 1 b/w rooster also will get 6 black hens and 1 black rooster,and 3 blue hens and 1 blue rooster, and 1 spl hen and 1 spl rooster. what i want to know does black to black =black
    blue to blue-blue
    splash to splash =splash
    i know breeding blr wyandottes dont add up to this can someone set me straight on this thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by