Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hello Everyone,
I just hatched out seven W/BW chicks from eggs I got from Paradise Found Farms.They hatched on 5/11. She is great to do business with BTW!

I noticed this morning as a did a quick check on them, that two of them do not have color in their wing feathers like the others.
Is this an indicator of future color?
Of all the chicks I have hatched this, spring I have to say these might be the cutest! Those little faces are so cool.
Hope ya'll don't mind a bunch of questions, this will be my first go with Ameraucanas.
I know.... POST PICS
Will try to soon.

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats! Yes- Denise is awesome!
Feather color at hatch in the wheatens isn't indicative of anything. They are ridiculously cute- you should try faverolles- they're one step up on the cuteness ladder.( in my book, anyway)

Quote:
I am a beginner as well and hope to also get fertile eggs from Paradise Farms this summer so been reading all I can about wheatons. From what I have read I think this means they are blue Wheaton hens.

Edit: oops, or it's too soon. Lol See I am a beginner. Lol

Last edited:
Hey guys I have one 12 week old AM cockerel in quarantine, he has had minor lethargy and sneezing for about two weeks now. He has been on Sulmet and Azithromycin antibiotics as well as AVC, Vitamins and Probios.

He is the only one sick (out of close to 60 chickens) and I don't know what's wrong with him. He is eating and drinking and pooping just fine.

I've had a post in the Emergency section for a week now but with precious little answers...

Anyone have a clue?

PLEASE help, thank you...

Quote:
This may sound stupid, but could it have an allergy? Do chickens get those????
hu.gif

I found this dosage of Benadryl for chickens: 1/2 mg. per lb. every 8 hours.
http://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet/2bx0m-wondering-give-chickens-benadryl-sinus.html

Last edited:
Quote:
Most chicken viruses are herpes type ones, so they never go away. I personally would cull this bird if I had 60 healthy ones that could potentially get ill.

Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom