America is on Fire

Luckily they haven't been represented in the local news, I don't think they're doing much here. While I'm not on board for all things Redcross, in this instance, I do see that they are doing the bulk of putting people in safe shelter. i.e. hotels etc.
https://www.redcross.org/about-us/our-work/disaster-relief/wildfire-relief.html
Redcross is great! Just not salvation army. I've run into a problem with my bakesale idea.....I have to make whole batches of things, or I'll end up losing money by making whole batches then selling like 1/2 of all of it. Maybe I can sell things in increments of 6 to match up with recipes? What would good prices be on that??

A few thoughts.... wood and paper products will very quickly become scarce, and the prices will sky rocket.

Check within your local communities to see if there is a collection site for the fire and/or hurricane victims. We could possibly drop items off to donate.

Things these people will need for themselves and their pets: blankets, pet foods, everyday toiletries for men & women, leashes & collars, lead ropes & halters, small/medium/large pet cages or crates, towels, old stuffed animals to comfort dogs & cats in the crates. Basically, try to think of the basic necessary things you would miss or need yourself, if you just lost everything. Donate them if you have extra. 😍
I heard recently that chapstick is the very first thing that runs out in both emergency & homeless shelters. Also feminine hygiene products...

In my area of So Cal the Humane Society has been working tirelessly to help with evacuations, finding temporary fosters & also cool zones for animals in distress.

When you are making monetary donations to any charity, you might want to ear mark where you want the money to go to. For example. “Oregon fires animal rescue” or similar.

In my area of So Cal the Humane Society has been working tirelessly to help with evacuations, finding temporary fosters & also cool zones for animals in distress.

When you are making monetary donations to any charity, you might want to ear mark where you want the money to go to. For example. “Oregon fires animal rescue” or similar.
Good thinking ;)
I read that the red cross have been a tremendous help

Here we also have the UC Davis Vet Med center helping out

The Salvation Army clothed my children within hours, when we had an apartment fire during the night. Then provided hubby and I shortly thereafter (next day) with 2 changes of clothes.

Edit: they also clothed everyone else in the unit/building. 1.5 months later they contacted us, to be sure we had what we needed, and provided us with a Turkey and misc groceries for Thanksgiving. The kids also were given new shoes and socks, we didn't ask for them. I love our S.A. here in Texas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom