American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
I help manage a show barn every August. The most recent show I noticed someone was coming in and feeding their birds the Mazuri food. What are the benefits of this feed? I have had geese for two years and have never had any difficulties keeping them on multi flock or layer feed.

I help manage a show barn every August. The most recent show I noticed someone was coming in and feeding their birds the Mazuri food. What are the benefits of this feed? I have had geese for two years and have never had any difficulties keeping them on multi flock or layer feed.
I can't answer for the Mazuri since I can't get it here, but I have kept my flock on an all flock for over 10 yrs and never had any problems and having a mixed flock with chickens thrown in, I couldn't feed just a water fowl feed anyway. Hopefully someone who uses Mazuri can answer your question.

It's formulated specifically for waterfowl (e.g. vitamin and mineral content). I used to only feed Mazuri. I don't feed strictly Mazuri anymore because it's expensive and I have more ducks and geese than I used to. I do feed all my babies the Mazuri Waterfowl Starter and I switch to the Breeder formula before breeding season. The rest of the year, I feed a locally milled waterfowl feed, too. I notice a difference in feather quality when feeding Mazuri and I very rarely have any health issues with my ducklings and goslings.

I am going to try and post pictures of my new geese the are doing better calming down some. ok I can't post pictures I have them in photo gallery how to you transfer them to here? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom