AMERICAN GAMEFOWL Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple. Some birds are game. Some aren’t. Some hens are far more aggressive, dominant and territorial than what you may have seen with your own eyes.
Havoc, it best you stick to posting pictures and steer away from explanations involving behavior of gamefowl. Your pictures are good. Commentary not so much.

@centrarchid what do you call it when a hen that will pen fight with another hen. Dominance? Territorial? How about a hen and a stag? Or a even a hen and a rooster?
To me they have a choice since the loose bird can walk away. When the loose hen doesn’t and starts problems what are they showing signs of?

Havoc, it best you stick to posting pictures and steer away from explanations involving behavior of gamefowl. Your pictures are good. Commentary not so much.
At this point how about we pm. Because I’m going to explain a few things to you that you obviously haven’t learned in all your years of raising gamefowl.

*It’s ok you can admit your upset about your new badge. Haha

Last edited:
How do you guys keep your Gamefowl warm in the winter?
I have a rescue Old English Game or American Game Bantam x Golden Sebright bantam and I noticed that she doesn’t have as much fluff as my other girls.
View attachment 1604660

Our free ranging Game hens roost in the trees even in the winter. We have a hen house for the free ranged birds but the Games prefer the trees. They've always done fine. They're a tough breed.

My game pullet would fight with the other chickens when she had chicks with her. If one of my Ameraucanas even looked at her she would go after them. She’s mellowed out since weaning her chicks but no one messes with her.
This is a picture of her this summer with her chicks
A8D82B35-406F-44BF-B704-EAFC77F96607.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom