American Gamefowl

If everything is reasonably clean and kept up I wouldn’t move a single thing. I’d just cull every bird with symptoms and only breed birds that have never shown symptoms and seem to thrive. There’s no guarantee it doesn’t show in birds bred out of birds that showed no symptoms but it’s really the only option aside from culling everything.
I appreciate the advice. That saved alot of time. We move all the movable pens 2times a week or more depending on weather. I will bleach all waters for a while

I appreciate the advice. That saved alot of time. We move all the movable pens 2times a week or more depending on weather. I will bleach all waters for a while
You got it man. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. As archaic as it sounds that’s how we have decent birds now. If everyone that’s raised and bred chickens in the past followed the advice from the majority of clowns on this forum we wouldn’t have a bird live past a few years like most layers. Playing doctor fulfills some sort of missing attention or sense of being needed for many. Babying chickens like so many people do is a joke. Clean water, keep them dry, keep the sun off them during the hot summer and the extreme wind in winter and they’ll be fine.

016B9857-D966-4891-9A1C-7AD32014844C.jpeg
9B80C9F1-27B7-48E2-97C0-C9B5918E510E.jpeg

Any advice on how to avoid those people?I would really hate to buy a rooster just to find out there's something wrong with it because the person cares more about the money than the quality of product they are selling.
Nah not really. I guess it’s kinda hard to tell. If you go to their house and their yard and pens look like sh*t I would turn around and go home. If they’re too lazy to run a weed eater you can be pretty confident they don’t take the best care of their birds. If the pictures you get sent from someone has piles of trash or whatever in them it’s a safe bet they’re too lazy. Even if someone does have a pile of sh*t in their yard I’d question the intelligence of the person if they were including it in a photo.

Uh huh. You don’t have the kinda time for all my stories of people that are totally full of it. I firmly believe most people are liars. Maybe not always on purpose but it usually shakes out in the end one way or another. Not just with chickens in all aspects of life. That’s my motivational speech for today. 😂

Uh huh. You don’t have the kinda time for all my stories of people that are totally full of it. I firmly believe most people are liars. Maybe not always on purpose but it usually shakes out in the end one way or another. Not just with chickens in all aspects of life. That’s my motivational speech for today. 😂

Cynical much? LOL

Nah, I get it, I can be the same way at times. Just let 'em go, it all comes out in the wash:)

Back
Top Bottom