American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    bills on a roll sue ! he is the young hatching master ! [​IMG]
    Quote:P.P.S. Bill, got have MORE chicks hatching???? Who now???

BOY I really messed up my editing.....DUH>>>[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Yup, I can see that.....Hes gonna end up with like a gazillion chickens there....[​IMG] I am doing a bit of researching as I think my one hen [heavens knows what she is] has an oral canker....The only symptoms are a touch of swellingand heat on one side of the beak and a tiny cheesy spot on the roof of her mouth. POOP! [​IMG]

3. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Thats a bummer sue i'm shure you will fix her !
    Quote:

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    these little charmers normally hang out on the top of the hutch, so today i go back in and no birds, could hear them, and they were chilling out behind the monitor!

[​IMG]

it was too cute to see them poke their heads out to see if i saw them!

5. Doc Frye

Doc Frye Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Thank you for your earlier help, bigb-71.

I was told that willow legged hens can throw yellow offspring, but willow legged cocks will always throw willow legged offspring.

Vitamin D3 question --- I am new to keeping chickens indoors, however this winter I will have a small flock of seramas kept in my house and my vet hospital. What do you folks (who keep your birds indoors all the time) do to supplement Vitamin D3? Thanks, again.

David

6. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:
    I assumed this was your DD....LOL...I guess I should have known being that this is abird forum. [​IMG]

7. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Oh, very good question. Mine Seramas are refusing to come outside. I am setting up a light bulb for light in their coop...they have a heat bulb...but it really does not put off good light. I was wondering about vitamin D also.

8. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california

Bill sure is the hatching master now, He had a few things to figure out and now he is one of the most educated person an the subject n fertility etc in seramas, However he has also been borrowing my incubator for the past few months!! Bill did find someone who makes one very similar to mine, and has purchased one, If there is anyone out there that needs a reliable easy to use incubator ask pongo where he ordered his new one it sounds great, I am longing for my bater back badly at this point and I am thrilled that Bill found something that is able to replace mine!! He said mine will be home soon!!

9. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Hey Sue, you mean none of those gremlins of yours help you out with your chores to earn their treats??? I think you should try the live mealworms instead of the dry ones....oh, and you need to crack the whip too. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Would that be nice if you can get those gremlins of yours to do all the chores for mealworms??? LOL.

Yes, you are right on my birds being yummie, I bred them to suit my taste!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cocopop project:

Dad, "Coco Crispii"
    [​IMG]

Son, I was thinking of name him "Snap" and his 2 brothers "Crackle" and "Pop". Then I received the sad news from Cara that Coco Crispii died couple days ago so I named him Coco Crispii Jr. in the memory of his dad instead of Snap. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Lucky is sooo cute in person and these pics are great. Going to be a little spoiled sweetie! (Wait.......already is!)
    I'm going to have to find that little pouch for you soon so he can hide there if he wants instead of your sleeve! Just to give him more options, lol
    You need to get some pics up of the neat colors you have. If you want help, give me 2 weeks in advance (LOL) and Ill come give you a hand!
    Had a great time by the way.. still had to cook dinner, but it was well worth it!
    PS--I think I envy your coop so much, Im going to have to have one! Its sooo awesome under that tree! [​IMG]

Thank you for your kind words.......I so enjoyed our social and educational visit when you came to see my birds. I learned a lot and hope to learn a lot more. Looking forward to more fun visits from you (in your spare time LOL). You were a great help to me and hope some day I can return in kind to you.
    Little Bambi is not doing too well. I,ve brought her inside and I think it is actually her leg. She is on my lap now and I will begin going to work on her.
    Send me some photos! Thanks again.........Brenda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by