American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    very nice cara [​IMG] i like Sweater

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Very beautiful birds and I love their colors.

3. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Oh, I so want him. I have to be patient and wait. I just don't have place to put new birds yet...and I have 3 inches of snow on the ground. [​IMG] I will get to this spring. they are gorgeous.

eta: for spelling error. I am a medical transcriptionist and I have lots of short cut keys for words. Well pt=patient. typed it and I did not even realize it. LOL.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:
    that is a vitamin and electrolyte supplement...you may check at your local feed store...you can get the same thing in a bigger bag and save green$$$$$

This is good to know though. I think I will add it to my birds water. Good idea. I just posted the question also on FB to Castle Seramas page. Curious what she does.

As I posted there, once a month I put avia charge in their water for a week. It's more preventative than needed in my opinion - I have never had a health issue with my inside birds. Once a month for a week they also get ACV in the water.

5. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:Yes, it is not sav-a-chik specificaly...it is by durvet...but is electrolytes and vitamins. I have on hand always. 8 oz for 3.99. I never would have thought of this. Thank you.

6. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:When you say willow, you mean greenish yellow with the yellow pad under right??? If that is the case then when you pair your willow legs hen with a pure yellow legs rooster you will get 50% pure yellow, 25% willow and 25% green/slate. Yellow is a dominance gene over green/slate!!!

I can't speak of all, I raise all my birds in off the ground cages and all I feed them is Nutri-Blend green/yellow by Purina, hard boiled eggs and some vegies. I don't give my birds any vitamin supplements unless they are recovering from illness. For winter months, I add some corn into their feed to keep warm. In the past 3 yrs of raising them, I have not seen any sign of vitamin deficiency in my flock.

7. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    [​IMG]I have that also. But I like the sav-a-chick. it seem to work faster for some reason. had one a pullet that wasnt doing so hot one time and the s.a.c. pulled her through.
    Quote:Yes, it is not sav-a-chik specificaly...it is by durvet...but is electrolytes and vitamins. I have on hand always. 8 oz for 3.99. I never would have thought of this. Thank you.

8. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    will have to get some of the avia charge. ACV? what is this and for?
    Quote:that is a vitamin and electrolyte supplement...you may check at your local feed store...you can get the same thing in a bigger bag and save green$$$$$

This is good to know though. I think I will add it to my birds water. Good idea. I just posted the question also on FB to Castle Seramas page. Curious what she does.

As I posted there, once a month I put avia charge in their water for a week. It's more preventative than needed in my opinion - I have never had a health issue with my inside birds. Once a month for a week they also get ACV in the water.

9. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:that is a vitamin and electrolyte supplement...you may check at your local feed store...you can get the same thing in a bigger bag and save green$$$$$

Thank you so much. I don't think my local feed store has ACV....I will go check at Jeffers. Or do you recommend a better on line source? I too am just doing for prevention.

10. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:They are all NICE but I like Jose & Little Dude best.............

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by