American serama thread!

Quote:
When you say willow, you mean greenish yellow with the yellow pad under right??? If that is the case then when you pair your willow legs hen with a pure yellow legs rooster you will get 50% pure yellow, 25% willow and 25% green/slate. Yellow is a dominance gene over green/slate!!!

I can't speak of all, I raise all my birds in off the ground cages and all I feed them is Nutri-Blend green/yellow by Purina, hard boiled eggs and some vegies. I don't give my birds any vitamin supplements unless they are recovering from illness. For winter months, I add some corn into their feed to keep warm. In the past 3 yrs of raising them, I have not seen any sign of vitamin deficiency in my flock.

thank you for the input. this is what I was curious about. It seems that everyone houses their birds similarly like this. I want to hear all opinions and ideas. I am still getting my site, housing and set up together. The more input I have now the better job I can do next spring.

hi tigerrrrrrrrrlilly my wife says hi ! how are things going it was a pleaser meeting you and your DD . hope we can do it againe sometime .
Quote:
You can use an ultraviolet light to prevent the lack of D3 and sunlight indoors.

OHMYGOSH that is WAAY too cute!!
bow.gif
love.gif
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Well sometimes its hard to tell if these little critters are human or of the poultry persuasion....
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
My Lulu will help me eat ice cream at nite, right off the spoon!
love.gif

Quote:

I assumed this was your DD....LOL...I guess I should have known being that this is abird forum.
lau.gif

Teresa, they are just telling you: "its too cold out there mom"......
lol.png
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Quote:
Oh, very good question. Mine Seramas are refusing to come outside. I am setting up a light bulb for light in their coop...they have a heat bulb...but it really does not put off good light. I was wondering about vitamin D also.

froggiesheins I just wanted you to know what an enabler you are.

I have been sitting here for around an hour...drinking my coffee. Catching up on FB, catching up on BYC. Got up did the dishes. Went and checked on the orpies (in the house).

ALL with bumble wrapped up in my robe. Anytime she hears me talk she makes chickie love sounds. If I make her uncomfortable..she complains, readjusts and goes back to sleep. This is hilarious. I would have thought she would have wanted out by now and put back in her room with the orpies. NOPE!. She is content.

Just checked on her (in my robe). She was readjusting. I don't think I have ever seen a happier bird.

Back
Top Bottom