American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
  2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I know, I am A bad girl.......[​IMG] what to tell you....you have created a MONSTER there......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOVE every second of it cuz once they discover boys it is all over.......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

3. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    We would love to hang out againe after you have the baby that would be awsome i will pm are # to you also .
    Quote:Hi Ray! I really had fun meeting your family. I hope we get to hang out more again soon after I have the baby and get moved. Give Julie a hug for me and tell her she is awesome. I'm gonna PM my # so we can keep in touch. [​IMG]

4. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    tryed to pm you its full !
    Quote:Hi Ray! I really had fun meeting your family. I hope we get to hang out more again soon after I have the baby and get moved. Give Julie a hug for me and tell her she is awesome. I'm gonna PM my # so we can keep in touch. [​IMG]

5. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I purchased my little farm from a bycer.....it is a plastic shoebox [w/ many holes drilled in the top] inside: purina layer crumbles for the substrait. For food there are 2 small spuds cut in half and two baby carrots for them to munch on. Plus, three pieces of carboard layed flat for the nasty little critters to hide under. Mine had grubs/worms and beetles when I got it in Sept. It will vary from having only a few worms/lots of beetles to the opposite....
    I had thought about the 3 drawer deal like bobby suggested [HI BOBBY] but that was just too many icky crawlies for me. The shoebox and LONG tweezers make me feel more comfy.
    WARNING!!!!! DO NOT LET THE GREMLINS SEE WHERE THE WORMS COME FROM!! I learned the hard way...after you have like 6-7-8 dive at you for that open box.......well you can fill in the rest......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    KRAZY velociraptors!

6. bigb-71

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Goodmorning bobbyc !
    Quote:

7. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    [​IMG] hehee. Oh and they LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE sliced apples. i put the oatmeal lid in there with soaked toilet paper and the worms growth went crazy [​IMG]
    Quote:

8. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:
    Thank you Bobby and Froggie for mealworm info.

9. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    good morning [​IMG]
    Quote:

10. froggiesheins

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    bobby, do they eat the oatmeal too? I will have to do the apples, but the little buggers will have to live with the core, cuz I am eating the good parts.....[​IMG] [​IMG] Also, would the apples and carrots [they love those too] be plenty without the spuds??

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by