American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:As I posted there, once a month I put avia charge in their water for a week. It's more preventative than needed in my opinion - I have never had a health issue with my inside birds. Once a month for a week they also get ACV in the water.

ACV - apple cider vinegar Just a natural health supplement. Avia Charge was recommended to me about 3 years ago by several people on BYC. I use it on my outdoor flock of layers and for my Seramas. It is expensive but lasts a long time. All of my indoor birds also have lots of natural light through windows and lights on all their cages.

2. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    All I can say is: "have fun [​IMG] playing with your mealworms..[​IMG] " [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] As time goes on I am getting more used to them, but NO WAY will I touch em! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:
    Thank you Bobby and Froggie for mealworm info.

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Hi Laura, how much acv per gallon of water please?
    Quote:
    ACV - apple cider vinegar Just a natural health supplement. Avia Charge was recommended to me about 3 years ago by several people on BYC. I use it on my outdoor flock of layers and for my Seramas. It is expensive but lasts a long time. All of my indoor birds also have lots of natural light through windows and lights on all their cages.

4. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    yeah they eat oatmeal. and last forever. [​IMG] i do the spuds too
    Quote:

5. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    thank you. I use the apple cider vin. Sorry not good on alot of abbreviations [​IMG] will try the avia charge thank you. i could have used it this summer. the worst one yet for egg laying. but since the cooler weather mine have really taking off. [​IMG]
    Quote:

6. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    your very welcome. Just glad could help. [​IMG]
    Quote:
    Thank you Bobby and Froggie for mealworm info.

7. tigerrrrrrrlilly

tigerrrrrrrlilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Quote:Hi Ray! I really had fun meeting your family. I hope we get to hang out more again soon after I have the baby and get moved. Give Julie a hug for me and tell her she is awesome. I'm gonna PM my # so we can keep in touch. [​IMG]

I fixed that and PMed my #. [​IMG]

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:ACV - apple cider vinegar Just a natural health supplement. Avia Charge was recommended to me about 3 years ago by several people on BYC. I use it on my outdoor flock of layers and for my Seramas. It is expensive but lasts a long time. All of my indoor birds also have lots of natural light through windows and lights on all their cages.

I'm jealous! My outside flock (about 40 hens) is giving me 4 eggs a day for 2 months now. They are all molting and/or revolting against the coming winter [​IMG] The Seramas are doing ok, I'm keeping up on orders and finally able to start hatching again for myself [​IMG]

9. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    I was so worried mine had something or something was wrong this summer. went a long time with not even one. but once the cooler weather came [​IMG] just went out got 7 so far today. got two broodys
    Quote:
    I'm jealous! My outside flock (about 40 hens) is giving me 4 eggs a day for 2 months now. They are all molting and/or revolting against the coming winter [​IMG] The Seramas are doing ok, I'm keeping up on orders and finally able to start hatching again for myself [​IMG]

10. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    I use the apple cider vinegar for the chicks for pasty butt. Since that and the sav a chick my fatality rate in chicks are slim to almost none [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by