American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:
    Bill sure is the hatching master now, He had a few things to figure out and now he is one of the most educated person an the subject n fertility etc in seramas, However he has also been borrowing my incubator for the past few months!! Bill did find someone who makes one very similar to mine, and has purchased one, If there is anyone out there that needs a reliable easy to use incubator ask pongo where he ordered his new one it sounds great, I am longing for my bater back badly at this point and I am thrilled that Bill found something that is able to replace mine!! He said mine will be home soon!!

Good morning Cara......you need to get that bator and get on with yours projects girl, other wise you are going to fall behind others with everything!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Bumble thinks that she is a marsupio (sp)..ya' know a kangaroo or 'possum. She is bundled up right now in my robe up against me. Fast asleep. This little bird is going to be so spoiled.

3. Doc Frye

Doc Frye Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Vitamin D3 supplements for indoor only seramas?

What are your opinions and recommendations?

4. YB192004

YB192004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Quote:Lucky is sooo cute in person and these pics are great. Going to be a little spoiled sweetie! (Wait.......already is!)
    I'm going to have to find that little pouch for you soon so he can hide there if he wants instead of your sleeve! Just to give him more options, lol
    You need to get some pics up of the neat colors you have. If you want help, give me 2 weeks in advance (LOL) and Ill come give you a hand!
    Had a great time by the way.. still had to cook dinner, but it was well worth it!
    PS--I think I envy your coop so much, Im going to have to have one! Its sooo awesome under that tree! [​IMG]

Thank you for your kind words.......I so enjoyed our social and educational visit when you came to see my birds. I learned a lot and hope to learn a lot more. Looking forward to more fun visits from you (in your spare time LOL). You were a great help to me and hope some day I can return in kind to you.
    Little Bambi is not doing too well. I,ve brought her inside and I think it is actually her leg. She is on my lap now and I will begin going to work on her.
    Send me some photos! Thanks again.........Brenda

You are lucky to have Jessi live close to you, she is one of the best!!!! I had learned alot from her when I first started out. Yours babies are looking good Brenda!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Thank you for your kind words.......I so enjoyed our social and educational visit when you came to see my birds. I learned a lot and hope to learn a lot more. Looking forward to more fun visits from you (in your spare time LOL). You were a great help to me and hope some day I can return in kind to you.
    Little Bambi is not doing too well. I,ve brought her inside and I think it is actually her leg. She is on my lap now and I will begin going to work on her.
    Send me some photos! Thanks again.........Brenda

You are lucky to have Jessi live close to you, she is one of the best!!!! I had learned alot from her when I first started out. Yours babies are looking good Brenda!!!!! [​IMG]

Thank you and yes, Jessi is a sweetheart and a very busy one at that which is why I really appreciated the time she took for me. I hope to have many more fun times with her in the future.

6. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Not really sure on D3? havent heard anyone using it. I give mine save-a-chick or Vi-tal

Quote:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  7. 4cats3kids1hubby2many

4cats3kids1hubby2many Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Omak
    Quote:
    that is a vitamin and electrolyte supplement...you may check at your local feed store...you can get the same thing in a bigger bag and save green$$$$$

This is good to know though. I think I will add it to my birds water. Good idea. I just posted the question also on FB to Castle Seramas page. Curious what she does.

8. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    it really helps mine. havent found the big bag of sav-a-chick. But the Vi-tal comes in a pretty good size. they are the two best ones that i use for vitamins and electrolyte's

9. SunValleySeramas

SunValleySeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    ramona, california
    Little dude

[​IMG]

Jose
    [​IMG]

reserve champ pullet
    [​IMG]

sweater
    [​IMG]

Frizzle i sold OC seramas
    [​IMG]

6 month old cockerel for sale13 oz $50.00
    [​IMG]

8 month cockerel for sale 50.00 16.4 oz
    [​IMG]

10. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    I also got a colony of mealworms for winter for them. i keep a supply of meds and vitamins and supplys for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by