American serama thread!

My new babies. I'm thinking the black and white will be mottled and its coming in silkied. Love them both.

So cute! Congrats on the silkie!!
is this a boy or a girl? i'm having so much trouble determining! shes 94 days old. i have until tomorrow to figure out. please anyone help. this picture was taken 2 weeks ago and now her/his comb is a tiny bit bigger. i noticed that his/her vent is alittle smaller than my olandsk dwarf hen. and if she is a girl, when can i expect eggs? she ways about 12.38 ounces and is 94 days old?
!

That's a girl. A boy would already have quite large wattles and comb. I have 2 cockerels that were born New Years (actually December 30th) so that's.... 10 weeks old. I just looked at them, and they're WAY bigger than your girl there. Congrats!

I have 8 Serama eggs now! I don't know if I should boil and eat 'em now or set 'em, LOL (no time to set actually, but they're too pretty to eat!)

Pete the Pest is a Papa!!! Mayla hatched 3 of his chicks. This is their first time out for photos at 3 months old.

Pete at 7 months.

His boy looks just like him!! He's also working at becomimg as big a pest as his Papa..lolol

Here's his sisters. They look like their mother Mayla.

This little girl would NOT stand but she has the pecking down really good...lolol

This little girl preferred to stand on top of my monitor for her photo...lolol

Last edited:
Pete the Pest is a Papa!!! Mayla hatched 3 of his chicks. This is their first time out for photos at 3 months old.

Pete at 7 months.

His boy looks just like him!! He's also working at becomimg as big a pest as his Papa..lolol

Here's his sisters. They look like their mother Mayla.

This little girl would NOT stand but she has the pecking down really good...lolol

This little girl preferred to stand on top of my monitor for her photo...lolol
Oh, they're WONDERFUL! Congratulations!
At what age do seramas start laying? Is it younger then other breeds?
I can say mine started laying last week, and they were not quite 18 weeks old

Yeagin1,
Hi, I have a roo very much like the one you posted at 16244....pg 1625.
I got him from Jerry S.Do you know what color it is......
Mine has heavy red and white lacing on his chest
Your stock is just lovely.
I'm not there
smile.png
yet with type.but working on it
smile.png

Thanks

So cute! Congrats on the silkie!!
That's a girl. A boy would already have quite large wattles and comb. I have 2 cockerels that were born New Years (actually December 30th) so that's.... 10 weeks old. I just looked at them, and they're WAY bigger than your girl there. Congrats!

I have 8 Serama eggs now! I don't know if I should boil and eat 'em now or set 'em, LOL (no time to set actually, but they're too pretty to eat!)

Cluck-Cluck I'd save em. I've been saving all of my Serama & D'Uccle eggs to dye for Easter. I really just want to hear the oohs and aahs over how cute they are at Easter dinner, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom