American Sussex Association

Here are the pictures:

1) This is the hen:
61014_img_3228.jpg

2) This is the roo (I'm pretty sure)
61014_img_3230.jpg

3) This is the iffy one. I don't if it's a roo or a hen, but it's the same color as the roo, so...
61014_img_3229.jpg

Can anyone help?

The top bird almost looks like a light sussex all but the head it's the wrong color.
Like I said I have never raised the speckled so not for sure what young ones look like.

#2 & # 3 look like Speckled Sussex chick color. Don't know about #1. Looks like #1 is a pullet, #2 a roo, and not sure about #3.

#1 doesn't look like a speckled sussex-her color is too light? Another type of sussex?
#2 looks like a roo
#3 I think she looks like a hen. She looks a lot like my SS when she was a chick. However, I am no expert.

We are in the process of getting our new website and we are also looking for new members. It is still FREE to join and you don't have to own Sussex to be a member.

Quote:
The first one is not as Sussex, I raise the Speckled and there are slight differences in plumage pattern between the young birds of different sexes, but your first one is no where close to being a Speckled Sussex, it does look like a pullet thought, the last two are SS and both look like roos to me.

Back
Top Bottom