American Sussex Association

We had 26 breeding pens, you guys are making more and we are knocking ours down we will be down to 8 pens when we are done.
So how was everyones hatch this year? we had a pretty good hatch on the last 75 eggs I was candling and you guessed it the tray fell out of my hands
th.gif
all were fertile
hit.gif
we just stopped cleaned it up cut off the incubator.

We have also had a lot of people join the club, I have lost count so I will need to get on the ball and do some catching up.

No...I am no great chicken breeder. Just a fancier who found just the chicken to catch my fancy. I have a few light, a few silver, a few coro's and a few speckled. I just enjoy watching you big boys make it look easy.

You don't have to to be a breeder to join, we have a few members that only have 5 or 6 chickens and I know of 2 that don't have any at all. It's free to join it just helps you to get your name out there.

I've been raising a few SS hens and they are now laying pullet eggs. They are by far the most engaging and entertaining birds that we have. My children love to catch Japanese beetles and see how high these girls will jump. They also follow me while I'm weeding, budging in to have a close look for yummy bugs. I was recently given a Lt Sussex chick and she too is a favorite with my children, Mrs White, is often going for a ride with my oldest. She's very tolerant of his constant handling. We had to clue him in on his new nick name for her : Tidy Whity. DH broke the new that this was code for undies and being boys they went into gales of laugter. I bet they will keep the nick name just for laughs.

I looked at the website. Very nicely laid out; great presentation of the home page. Was hoping for a place to ask questions and general breed discussion about type, breeding, coloration, growth, etc. Thought it might be here on BYC. Perhaps there is another thread devoted to that?

Back
Top Bottom