Americana, Araucana, or Easter Egger???

They are charging me what they paid for them at a week old. They are asking for $15 each and they are fairly close to me. I will get new pictures but it might have to wait until this weekend. The seller works and it's dark by the time they get home. It's been cold and raining today when the pictures were taken so that could have played a role in the pictures. Here is a closer picture of her head.

Last edited:
If those birds were purchased as Araucana, they over paid. Those aren't Araucana. They may be Ameraucana, but they could also be Easter Egger mixes. It's not that hard to produce a black bird with muffs and a pea comb. In any case, $15 bucks for two point of lay pullets isn't a bad deal, regardless of their breeding.

If they actually paid $15 then they would be Ameraucana. Even if they are EEs, $15 for started pullets is a decent price.

ETA I must have been typing as you posted but we had the same idea about price. Haha

Last edited:
I'm going ahead and purchasing them. I'm hoping they are Ameraucana but if not it's all right.

Where did the sellers get them from?

I agree, the price is fine for the birds, even if they're EE. That's what I'd be selling mine for.

Last edited:
They said they got them from a Breeder in Ky. Price doesn't bother me. I just hope im not being lied to.

I wish I could get them sooner. I'm going crazy waiting. I'm eager to find out what they are! It's exciting.

Back
Top Bottom