An Important Request: Add [email protected] to address book

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Yes, I sure did!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm doing it right now!

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Nope, and I probably won't! (please pm me why) :(

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey Friends,

We get quite a few comments from people who have problems getting emails from our main email: [email protected]

This email address is used for registering, resetting passwords, newsletters, getting forum subscription and private message notifications, etc.

To help ensure that you (and possibly others) receive these important emails, please go into your email program and do the following:

1) Look in the spam folder for any emails from backyardchickens.com . If you find any, mark them as "not spam"
    2) Add [email protected] to your email address book. This is especially important if you use an online email service like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

The more members that do this, again, especially with the online mail services, the better chance we'll have of getting out all the important info to everyone!

Thanks so much!

[​IMG]

2. I don't have any in "spam" and I use one of those systems. Why do you want them in our address book?
    I'm adding it now, I was just wondering [​IMG]

3. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Thanks.

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    okay i can do that [​IMG]

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Adding to your address book in most email systems will basically "whitelist" or automatically mark the BYC Support email address (that sends out all our important emails) as an ok / approved sender.

This will help ensure that the BYC emails don't go into your spam folder and may help train the system for others as well.

6. Quote:Ah [​IMG] Thanks so much Nifty!!

7. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    I think my gmail kind of automatically added that address. I know i've never added it, but it's in there, and i've never had a problem getting emails from byc.

8. Quote:Me to. But I added them by inviting them to gmail. They'll just delete it but now they're on my contacts. [​IMG]

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Added. I might have not bothered, but I think Gmail has been deleting the BYC newsletter for me. [​IMG] Hopefully this will solve the problem.

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I have had BYC's support email added for quite some time. I went back and double checked to be sure. I haven't been getting ANY emails from BYC in my inbox or spam folder for probably a 10-12 months now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by