An Important Request: Add [email protected] to address book

Have you added [email protected] to your address book?

• Yes, I sure did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm doing it right now!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nope, and I probably won't! (please pm me why) :(

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Hey Friends,

We get quite a few comments from people who have problems getting emails from our main email: [email protected]

This email address is used for registering, resetting passwords, newsletters, getting forum subscription and private message notifications, etc.

To help ensure that you (and possibly others) receive these important emails, please go into your email program and do the following:

1) Look in the spam folder for any emails from backyardchickens.com . If you find any, mark them as "not spam"
2) Add [email protected] to your email address book. This is especially important if you use an online email service like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

The more members that do this, again, especially with the online mail services, the better chance we'll have of getting out all the important info to everyone!

Thanks so much!

thumbsup.gif

Adding to your address book in most email systems will basically "whitelist" or automatically mark the BYC Support email address (that sends out all our important emails) as an ok / approved sender.

This will help ensure that the BYC emails don't go into your spam folder and may help train the system for others as well.

I think my gmail kind of automatically added that address. I know i've never added it, but it's in there, and i've never had a problem getting emails from byc.

Added. I might have not bothered, but I think Gmail has been deleting the BYC newsletter for me.
roll.png
Hopefully this will solve the problem.

I have had BYC's support email added for quite some time. I went back and double checked to be sure. I haven't been getting ANY emails from BYC in my inbox or spam folder for probably a 10-12 months now.

Back
Top Bottom