an old family friend was murdered

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by QuinnP, Mar 9, 2011.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Songster

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    In Van Nuys CA a family friend, James B Turner, was beaten up a while ago over a fence for crying out loud!! I learned 2 days ago he'd been taken off life support. Apparently someone was angry about a fence that had been built denying access to a pond this thug liked to watch frogs at. he mistakenly thought that Jim built iot, which he didn't. Jim was 71 years old! I grew up with his children! I'm horrified! I cant believe it. who beats up an old man over a fence?!

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] I'll tell you who: Somebody mentally unstable.
    [​IMG]

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Songster

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    OMG! I am so sorry! Hope the murdering SOB is caught and dealt with appropriately.

4. QuinnP

QuinnP Songster

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    yeah & wit me dad being a lawyer I know this creep witll plead not guilty by insanity, get a wee slap on the wrist!!! +Nobody will tell me the name of the suspect because they know I'd pluck his eyeballs out & shove them--------er......

5. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I'm so sorry for you and your friend's family. People just don't understand what is unacceptable any more. We are so saturated by violence these days, we just accept it as the norm. It is not...

6. QuinnP

QuinnP Songster

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    I like to watch frogs too, but I wouldn't dream of hurting anyone!!!

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Crowing

Aug 12, 2009
    So sad. A prayer for the family. I read a story where a neighbor shot another in the knee cap over a fence.Another shot over a video camera set up to see who was throwing rocks at his pets. Poor families have to live next to these neighbors while they wait for the trials.

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that the perp is treated like he is an old man.

9. QuinnP

QuinnP Songster

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    Found out the name of the suspect, Cody Feilel. I'm still so mad, poor ole Jim. And this twerp is pleading not guilty even tho the cops found him with Jim's blood all over him, a bloody log, oooh grrrrrr!!!

10. schellie69

schellie69 Songster

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] so sorry this has happened to someone who you care about. I can't believe the world we live in anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: