Angel Wing Treatment

Pics
@RubyNala97 - I am relieved to hear everything is doing better. I'm so sorry if the method caused more heartache than it was worth. My only intention was to share what had worked for me in the hopes that it would help others. Hopefully someone here has some ideas on what could cause a reaction like that. I had to wrap my cayuga pretty tight, but she had it off in 24 hrs anyway (which seemed to be enough to fix it), so maybe it was the length of time? I hope all is well.
No, not at all. Your info was good. I knew you had to wrap angel wing and when I saw this guy starting with it I watched several videos, not just yours. All were helpful. I left it on for about 30 hours. And the angel wing is better. I didn’t mean to hyjack your thread but it was great that everyone was so helpful!!

No, not at all. Your info was good. I knew you had to wrap angel wing and when I saw this guy starting with it I watched several videos, not just yours. All were helpful. I left it on for about 30 hours. And the angel wing is better. I didn’t mean to hyjack your thread but it was great that everyone was so helpful!!
Hey @RubyNala97 how is your cutie pie doing now?

Hey @RubyNala97 how is your cutie pie doing now?
Thanks for asking! He is doing great!! The infection in the wing is all healed up and the angel wing is totally gone! Plus, he was the runt for a long time (half the size of his hatch mates so he was super easy to pick out) now he’s caught up to them and I have a hard time picking him out. But he’s gotten used to me handling him throughout our entire experience so he’s the one that doesn’t give me a hard time when I pick them up! :) I’ll get a pic this afternoon.

Thanks for asking! He is doing great!! The infection in the wing is all healed up and the angel wing is totally gone! Plus, he was the runt for a long time (half the size of his hatch mates so he was super easy to pick out) now he’s caught up to them and I have a hard time picking him out. But he’s gotten used to me handling him throughout our entire experience so he’s the one that doesn’t give me a hard time when I pick them up! :) I’ll get a pic this afternoon.
That's great news! :celebrate

That's great news! :celebrate

Quick question...something is wrong with one of my ducks bills (the dad to the babies). Does anyone mind if I post a pic here for advice? If so that’s fine, I’ll make a thread. I just know there’s good duck people here! Lol.

I don't think anyone would mind!

Ok, great! Wanted to make sure before posting. So I noticed yesterday that the “bean” on his bill does not look normal. It is sticking out a little and looks almost bruised around the edges or like there’s dried blood there or something. I do not know much about this part of the bill. And I’ve never seen this in any of my other ducks. Can it get infected? What’s the cause and treatment? I’ll post a pic below. Also it was rainy here for a few days so there’s been a lot of mud (just adding this for info).

Attachments

• 8509594E-BD51-4141-B3F9-62D8D20B20DD.jpeg
    8509594E-BD51-4141-B3F9-62D8D20B20DD.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom