Another Crowing Hen? Help sex an Easter Egger!

Yes, he is perfectly edible, will taste like chicken. And young enough to be nice and tender, still.

Just my thought, I would either keep it or give it away. There isn't a whole lot of meat on EEs, pick him up and feel his legs and breast. If you can keep him, just consider him eye candy for the hens. If he gets fiesty, give him to someone with a larger flock.

My EE Roo (also supposed to be a pullet) started getting nice red comb and growing typical roo tail feathers at @ 9 - 10 weeks. . . by 11 weeks was "hackleing" and "supervising" the girls. . . fortunately, i was able to re-home him quickly, as no roos allowed in my town!

My DH was dying from the name- too funny!!!

Yeah, that's definitely the Kinks' Lola- look out for that Adam's Apple!!

lau.gif

gig.gif

I got a sexed EE that wasn't a pullet, just like that- different coloring, but same mane, tail and Craisin on his head. He's the sweetest bird in my whole flock, though, and I'm going to do anything I can to keep him, though we're not supposed to have roos.

The girls love him, and he's quite the gentleman.

Well Fanny I'm old enough to get it.
big_smile.png
That said I would check craigs list in your area for a replacement if you really want one. Or just keep Lola and leaved him with the name. These days who cares. You can introduce a new bird but if you buy from a private breeder just make sure you know to quarantine any new birds for 30days or more. Which means a cage with room to move and lots of attention.

Quote:
I don't know, Lola seems pretty good to me!!!

"She walked up to me and she asked me to dance.
I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo Lola
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls.
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world,
except for Lola. Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola.
Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,
but I know what I am and that I'm a man,
so is Lola.
Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola. "

- Lyrics to "Lola" by The Kinks

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom